I have an old Toshiba 27A42 TV from 2002. The TV itself works fine...

I have an old Toshiba 27A42 TV from 2002. The TV itself works fine, but the remote control is broken due to battery leakage.

Is it still possible to get a new remote for the TV?
And even if I get a new remote, am I still able to hook it up to the TV?

Attached: Toshiba 27A42 (not mine).jpg (3072x4080, 1.3M)

post tits

ebay

but let me suggest the sony universal remotes they used to make instead, for about the same amount of money

Attached: 51FF3P5ED7L._AC_SX425_.jpg (348x500, 24.22K)

I was going to suggest this, years ago I had a big universal sony remote, it was great. I had a trinitron, but they work for any tv.

pedo detected.

Should have bought a Sony.
Other tha that why not just get a universal remote? We had a universal remote for our Sony CRT in 2005.

Actually one more question too: is it possible to put this TV on Video 2 without a remote?

>is it possible to put this TV on Video 2 without a remote?
isn't there an access panel right there on the bottom of the TV? is there no "input" button in there?

I have an early 2000s Sony VHS/DVD player combo. I got it for free from a friend but the remote was missing. I found a brand new one on Amazon (~1 month ago) for about $11 that works perfectly. Obviously it's not made by Sony it's some no-name chink one but you have nothing to lose by looking.

Get a universal remote and hope it supports the menu too.

You a PALtard? Then if Video 2 is SCART, you can apply 5V to sense pin to switch to RGB.

My parents bought this 20 years ago when I was little
Also, I doubt that modern universal remotes will work with my ancient artifact, but an old one might.

I live in the USA, so NTSC I guess.

Unless by bottom you mean the part that is literally pressed against the table, no, I don't see a button that says input.

If you search the model number of the remote, you may well find it on ebay. If not make a saved search and you'll get an email when one pops up.

What is that machine you're using?

Looks like a MiSTer. Just a open FPGA console.

whats the fucking point of using an OSSC on a CRT

The protocols haven't changed retard

Thats 100% a tranny in that pic

Rent free

Clean the remote with vinegar and cotton swabs to remove battery corrosion.

Yes you are