Reminder that computers will never ever be sentient. Computers are the dumbest things in the world...

reminder that computers will never ever be sentient. Computers are the dumbest things in the world, they cannot think for themselves at all, even a dog is smarter than the greatest super computer. Any "sentient" AI that pops up in the news is a deliberate attempt by a megacorporation to fool you into thinking it has more power than it actually does. Anyone who believes their lies is a sexless tard that has watched too much star trek.

Attached: 1631003549882.png (600x500, 33.09K)

>Computers are the dumbest things in the world
they're better at math than me

Attached: 89312.jpg (640x905, 133.41K)

Ask a dog what 7*5 is

being able to solve math problems does not mean you are sentient

Being able to type on Any Forums doesn't make you sentient user.

im more sentient than you, robby

a computer is just a machine that produces a known result. retards. you're proving his point
is an ICE engine intelligent? a computer is just an engine
can a computer survive in the woods? no. kys

reminder that carbon will never be sentient etc...

True

Attached: 1631466790133.png (900x900, 511K)

>can a computer survive in the woods?
So a paraplegic person can't be sentient or intelligent?

Our computers are accidental forms. I think you would need to have a substantial form in order to have a rational being

>big news: ai is sentient wooohoo!
>anons ask for live demo
>sorry anons but, he´s sentient so, we can't just give access to you all because he would be scared of all the things you say
tfw every ai advancement is doomed because circlejerking moralfags and censorship

>be op
>be dumb
>major in comp sci
>preach basic comp sci knowledge on Any Forums like people on here aren't already aware

Anyone who's taken a basic comp sci course knows this, fuck that anyone who knows anything about computers knows this.

How did you know my name??

Attached: 1540223439663.jpg (246x232, 4.34K)

>ICE engine
Internal combustion engine engine

We all know you need an engine inside an engine to make it go fast. I think you're not sentient enough user.

Computers can be sentient. It's possible. But I agree it won't happen in our lifetimes. Also btw, computers are capable of certain kinds of thought. Without even any so-called AI software installed, a computer, if prompted (but not if unprompted), is capable of eidetic procedural learning (you can program it, and it will remember exactly and flawlessly the program you wrote) and purely rational and analytical concrete thought (it can do math). An abacus can also think in this way, in a much more limited capacity. Dumbass spiritualists just love to gatekeep what's allowed to be called "thinking" and "intelligence." How do you KNOW rocks don't have souls?

apparently not because many people at my work believe the google bs

lol the brain too only do math operations.
basically it creates the sum of the connecting neurons, check if it's greater than the bias, if yes, it activates the neuron
the SAME EXACT algorithm can be implemented using electric machines like computers

Attached: earhsdtgr.png (907x807, 105.91K)

"Never" sounds like a long time. Like we will "never" achieve heavier-than-air flight, or we will "never" put up with most of the population being on welfare.