LXQT

Why doesnt this lightweight yet functional desktop get more use? Wouldn't using less resources on your desktop be the key to getting the most out of your computers resources?
What do the other desktops do that LXQT doesn't?

Attached: lxqt-lightweight.jpg (1680x840, 187.5K)

it's pointless when you can just use openbox

Then kde is pointless.
And gnome (a fuckin foot) is pointless.
And cinnamon is pointless.
And mate is pointless.
And XFCE is pointless.

like most free software, it has a lot of bugs and nobody pays me enough to report them, let alone fix them

He has a point tho. All the DEs you have listed bring useful features, LXQt doesn't

Why would I use this instead of FVWM?

Because LXDE is better.

Guess im gonna take the Lubuntu plunge then. Nobody really said anything interesting about Lxqt one way or another

Doesn't it have xdg-desktop-portal support now? Does that mean thumbnails in filepicker?

Ill tell ya in a few minutes when its done installing

Install is done. Theres thumbnails.

For example? Im currently using cinnamon on my desktop but my laptop is a damned potato with a pre ryzen amd chip

>What do the other desktops do that LXQT doesn't?

They don't look and feel like bloody diarrhea

Looks fine to me.

it seemed too basic for me so i went with xubuntu. literally just finished installing it an hour ago. how do i debloat ubuntu even further beyond the minimal option?

In the file picker, specifically?

The average user doesn't have a 15 year old computer where every MB is important. If you have 16 GB and a processor made this decade you pretty much have to actively try and hit any sort of limit. Unused RAM is wasted RAM and all that.

>For example?
It doesn't have a compositor.
The panel is shit compared to, for example, Xfce's or Cinnamon's ones.
Very few themes available (most of them are also bad and not up to date).
Doesn't have a dedicated wm (it uses Openbox which you can already use alone).
Programs launcher is pretty limited and unpolished.

LXQT is home.
No GTK bullshit, no Krashing. It's simple and just works.

Attached: 2022-06-13_08-18.png (1920x1080, 1.03M)

1. Plenty of resources for Cinnamon
2. Have tried LXQT

I need to bind the super key myself and vertical taskbar doesn't work. I also recall not just being able to type the app name and press enter to start it. It still needs work.

I like LXQT. Well, not all of it. Bits and pieces of it are real useful to bring my 'DE' kicking and screaming into the modern age, but I don't see a need to run the entire thing.

The file manager yes has thumbnails.