>just add this weird ass rpm repo if you want to install vlc bro

Try to install Nomacs on Debian
>not found
>just do this backport fuckery bro

WHY ARE LINUXFAGGOTS LIKE THIS

Attached: mt8.png (640x512, 176.09K)

Other urls found in this thread:

heimdalsecurity.com/blog/vlc-flaw-remote-code-execution/
fossbytes.com/malware-attack-on-arch-linux-aur-repository-three-packages-infected-so-far/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

just use arch if you can't into repos

They’re update control not a one stop App Store.

Although that is weird about VLC, it seems pretty universal. I’d suspect some sort of codec licensing issue

1 - VLC sucks and is backdoored, use MPV.
2 - Just install EndeavourOS so you can use the AUR if youre such a baby bitch.

AUR is a joke and cope full of malware

Attached: CopyQ.eJJtRA.png (1085x735, 190.01K)

>VLC
>backdoored

Where are the proofs? It just works

Show us the malware then. Show us a piece of malware that exists in the AUR at this very moment.

works on my opensus machine

heimdalsecurity.com/blog/vlc-flaw-remote-code-execution/
VLC has had a bug for going on 4 years now that can be exploited as a backdoor to monitor all your VLC usage.

VLC has also received donations from the Israeli government before, which is suspicious by itself.

That would involve putting my computer at risk and that just won't do. My personal information is on there.
>dude just install this insecure, suspicious third party repo that isn't supported by the developers
Again, not going to put my computer at risk. Too much is at steak.

That wouldnt involve you doing that. I'm asking you to LINK ME TO A PACKAGE IN THE AUR ON THE AUR WEBSITE. GIVE ME A LINK TO ONE PIECE OF MALWARE.
>dude just install this insecure, suspicious third party repo that isn't supported by the developers
RPMFusion is officially supported and backed by Fedora you dumb nigger. Are you fucking stupid? A quick google search reveals this. RPMFusion is just where Fedora dumps proprietary software like Steam so it stays out of the free only main repos

>at steak
ESLnigger detected.

>That wouldnt involve you doing that
It would because I would have to test random packages because I don't know which ones are infected and which ones aren't. Really I could type in any package name and my computer could catch AIDS. This is why third party respositories are bad. There's nothing to hold them accountable once you type sudo.

>Show us the malware then

Here you fucking faggot

fossbytes.com/malware-attack-on-arch-linux-aur-repository-three-packages-infected-so-far/

>that exists in the AUR at this very moment.

There is most probably enough better hidden malware right now. Since I don't use such a gay OS like Arch it's not my problem.

Nigger theyre not closed source. All AUR packages include the source code in the package. You can read the source code and discover if it is malware. Also NO YOU WOULDNT HAVE TO TEST RANDOM PACKAGES, YOU LITERALLY JUST HAVE TO LOOK UP "AUR MALWARE JUNE 2022" ON GOOGLE TO DISCOVER THAT THERE IS NO MALWARE CURRENTLY.
>This is why third party respositories are bad
RPMFusion ISNT THIRD PARTY, I JUST SAID THAT
>There is most probably enough better hidden malware right now. Since I don't use such a gay OS like Arch it's not my problem.
The source code is IN THE FUCKING PACKAGE.

go back to windows. Go back to windows and fucking stay there. Leave Any Forums.
If you can't be assed to read source code then you dont belong here.

>VLC not found on fedora
Because VLC has proprietary codecs built in, fedora only ships with free software.
>Try to install Nomacs on Debian
The Nomacs maintainers literally have an official Ubuntu PPA that they actively maintained. This is your fault for picking Lesbian instead of the fucking tried and true distros like Ubuntu, or its faithful fork, Linux Mint

>0 packages found

Attached: file.png (1440x810, 517.89K)

Arch
>sudo pacman -S vlc
Done

go back to windows

slackware, rpm, or deb distro?
Must be a crap one.

you're currently telling people to look through and understand the source code of thousands of packages they install, now who is more retarded here?

'tism
Why do fossniggers hate software that comes directly from the developers? Why do they have to make it complicated with stupid repos that will never have all the software you want to install and package mangers that sucks a managing dependencies?

You will never install thousands of packages from the AUR. Ive been using arch four years and ive used the AUR maybe twice.
Twice. And yes, I did audit the build files when I did it. It took five minutes each.