Best DAW for music recording?

I am getting into recording guitar and making songs but I am trying to settle on a DAW that is user friendly but has decent features.
Best DAW? Best free DAW? I am willing to pay for one if it's good and not crazy expensive

Attached: DAW.jpg (1024x600, 260.36K)

>best DAW
disabledton
>best free DAW
reaper

what makes ableton so good?

it works for my usecase

>User-friendly
Garageband
>features
Reaper
>best DAW
Reaper
>best free DAW
Pirated ones, or the full-featured Reaper trial that never ends.
A bit of a Reaper evangelist, but seriously Youtube any recording question you have + "Reaper" and someone's made a video walking you through it.

Attached: 1646581349424.jpg (1920x1080, 1.3M)

REAPER is not free.

>was in same shoes as op
>began on fruity loops
>got into recording
>start to hate fl workflow and how it handled recording
>switched to reaper just for recording
>realized reaper was 1000x more powerful than shitty loops ever was
>switched to linux
>found out reaper had linux binary
>cherry on top

when the FUCK is fl studio 21 going to come out? they been teasing it FOREVER.

also fuck ableton, its damn overpriced with no free updates.

It’s very intuitive plus it has “session view” which is way better for idea creation that just a horizontal sequencer.

Abletits for the win

Attached: 9693BDEF-FADE-4307-8A36-70ED73B48D26.jpg (975x750, 171.28K)

I currently use Ardour, gotta get used to the shit UI but does the job for me. Bad thing the devs are assholes.
There's also Reaper, but it is not free even though it has an unlimited trial with no restrictions

literally who is paying for it? i feel bad because i use and like it. i really should support the developers

>but it is not free even though it has an unlimited trial with no restrictions
that's called "free" though

For me, it's Bitwig.

It's like Ableton, but much better, and it even works natively on Linux.

Attached: Bitwig-Home_BWS3-2_Customized-Workflow.jpg (2580x815, 412.98K)

Yup, every time you start Reaper up without a purchased license, they make sure you know it's not free.

Attached: reaper-is-not-free.png (455x388, 23K)

They say you can use it however you'd like unless you're making money with it. And I guess even then you're not forced to buy it (it's 60 bucks), just make sure no idiot sees the TRIAL at the window or you could potentially get in trouble

i like that ui

i'm at like a year straight of that message

I hope they're able to make their development costs back to be honest. They're very generous with how they let users use their software without paying for it, but it feels like many users are just exploiting their generosity and the devs are being punished for it.

They are following the winamp model (since it's the same creator) to try and get as much mind share as possible.

Yeah, this is why companies add shitty DRM to their products. If you are a bro like the reaper developers people just say that your product is free because you aren't strongarming them into paying.