Google Maps: it's getting worse

>enter city, choose START
Every time,
"You are back online."
...I was never offline.
"You are now on the fastest route."
Yeah, that's why I chose this route. Also, Ty for the popup that covers large part of map until it auto dismisses in 5 seconds.
>Green symbol taking up space in UI
Supposedly the fastest and greenest routes are a thing now. But still, cluttered UI.
>Get near destination to look for parking, navigation ends, destination no longer showing as pin, screen covered with prompt to rate route, but you're still looking for parking.

Also:
>make a pin
>try to select pin
>can't

Also:
>enter handsfree mode
>exit handsfree mode
>10% of the time the app forgest to tell Android to allow the keyboard again, not just in Maps, but in any application...the only fix is to restart the device...
There are many more issues... Why app so terrible?

Attached: 1655055066159.jpg (256x256, 7.35K)

Any time I go on any computer, even not logged in, even a friends, even a library computer, and go on google maps it instantly starts on streetview infront of my house. My car is the only car that doesn't have the liscnce plate blured out and they deliberately draw attention to it. They send the streetview cars around my house frequently and sometimes they even have bikes with the cameras on. It's really getting to me now.

Meds, friendo, take them.

feds, now.

My mom's friend that Tyrone lets come over sometimes works for Google, and he said they purposefully make it as clunky and unfriendly as possible so if you're trying to enter directions while driving you'll get in a wreck and die.

I just end up turning it off and driving around randomly since I don't work it's fun to explore and get lost.

I agree op its really bad but on the upside I can ask for directions again.

Attached: 1654600225576.jpg (1000x1000, 137.85K)

For me, it's stopped being able to parse directions like "here to xyz"

stay where you are. the medication dispensation team will arrive at your current location shortly.
cooperate and you will be safe

>Zoom into street that's on the route. Street name nowhere in sight
>Miss the turn

FACCCCK JEWGLE

Imagine talkikng to normies

Explain?

Yeah, it's not user friendly.

A few more gripes Ijust remember:
>sometimes you're strafing for miles...like wtf google, do you think I'm walking sideways at 30mph for 2 miles?

Also, and this happened about 4 months ago, for more than just me:
>google saying to turn right when it shows left, and left when it shows right
WTF

hey user, ignore the schizos who tell you to take your meds. You can ask google to blur out your shit, just click the "report a problem" button in the street view thing. Solve the captcha, provide a fake email and you're good. I blurred out my entire road this way

>Imagine talkikng to normies
I always gravitate to fellow weirdos

>not using OsmAnd
ngmi

Waze
>ducks music out for candy
>no setting to disable
>can't do anything with candy
>actually pointless, a feature without a purpose
If gmaps still had police alerts, I'd use that instead. At least it doesn't mute music for no reason

Get a fucking paper map, phonekids.

I used to be able to type "here to location" and get a route from where I am right now to said location.
Now it simply shows that location or empties my query.

Candy>?

Yeah, Ifind it odd that they removed such basic functionality...now you have to hit the "trip" button, then enter "current location"...so clumsy

is there a good alternative that isn't apple maps? i hate google maps but it's the best so far despite all the issues

I don't even use it for navigation, but it's so fucking laggy for me, I find it faster to open public transport app and search my destination there instead of using that bloated piece of shit.
I legit have to wait 10s for single press to get registered. This is official app, how can it be so fucked up?

google maps supposedly has police alerts, at least that's the stock answer you'll see when searching online. Except it never fucking does anything and is broken as fuck