Is getting a masters in CS worth it? Seems that with a BS you can only do boring codemonkey jobs

Is getting a masters in CS worth it? Seems that with a BS you can only do boring codemonkey jobs

Attached: BAFD7553-73EF-4ECC-AC0F-F3D94825856E.jpg (641x961, 71.42K)

From my experience you can't really fail a masters if you can code (more projects, less retarded information cram), so unless you pass with very high grades it proves nothing to future employers. Basically if you're a hard learner/worker go for it, otherwise it will only set you a couple years back on the corporate ladder.

This. A masters is fucking worthless. The extra years experience instead of extra year of debt is the better option.
Unless you actually enjoy being a student and want to fuck about for another year. YOLO.

it's worth it
>you will make $x less by not getting a job immediately
ok pajeet

Go for a masters or a PhD. I'm currently doing a PhD in CS. Comfy job in uni and getting some extra income by doing consulting as a side business.

Forgot the fact that Americans have to go tens of thousands into debt for a degree. I'd say it's absolutely not worth it then (unless you're extremely smart and hard working, but then you wouldn't ask on Any Forums).

As someone in a master's program right now, I say: don't bother with it. It's better to spend 2 years in shitty codemonkey jobs than doing a master's.

??

I'm from a country where education is "free"
Here, it's pretty much a requirement to get a masters if you want a programming job at all, since with a BS you'll only get entry level tech jobs.

Attached: british-women11.png (1197x1281, 3.05M)

Is that real? holy shit

Yes

Attached: ageing-potter.jpg (3585x1674, 3.98M)

>getting any memorization expert degree, let alone a "I am an autistic university slave who did a big writeup on something the university will now get credit for instead of me" + memorization expert degree
College/university is a waste of time and money and fucks you over. Learn shit on your own and you'll be smarter than anyone who went through that trash.

Actors in general, tho.
When you have a lot of money, you can do a lot of drugs and go to rehab.
Rinse, and repeat.
No accountability.

Attached: ugh.jpg (768x480, 45.57K)

>women
not even once

The problem with having a lot of money is that you have really easy access to a fuckton of shit you shouldn't have, combined with people who were raised in poverty and became ultra rich and that developed a huge sense of narcissism and egocentricity, will make them just do a lot of stupid shit, because in the end, they're fucking stupid morons.
For fucks sake, people look after this idiots thinking that just because they're rich and famous, they're somehow better and more well versed human beings than the average populace, when the real high IQ people are the one's extending the checks to those subhumans because they actually had the knowledge to make a profitable and big business.

>Is getting a masters in CS worth it? Seems that with a BS you can only do boring codemonkey jobs
The fact you think you even need the degree to make it tells me you're already NGMI and be one of those insufferable academia faggots who will never be able to bring anything to market since you'll never actually hit on product fit

Anglo’d!

Slav women are way worse

All jobs are boring to an extent. The idea of getting a job that makes you feel fulfilled everyday is a pipe dream. They're paying you for a reason.
I'd go into a masters only if there was something I'd like to contribute to the field. If your motivation is just better job prospects... better not do it at all than larp your way through.

It used to be that back in the '80s, you needed one to work in the computing field as any kind of software engineer or systems engineer. These days, getting a masters is kind of worthless unless you want to be an adjunct professor or something like that. As far as moving beyond code monkey jobs, you start as a code monkey and then work your way up to being a product owner or subject matter expert.

how fucking stupid are you that you can't do both at the same time?

nah its worthless and usually far chill than bachelor degree, any medium coding job will get u far better in terms of engineering skills than masters in a span of 2 years, if u want to persue academia career on other hand and go for phd then i say its worth it

t. got a masters but only cuz its free in yurop and too extend my student lifestyle

I earned the BS in Comp Sci but a MS in Software Engineering. So the perks were that offers have a pay increase. You stand out in entry level jobs. You pick electives that you are interested in and they go in depth as the graduate course.

In my university the core courses of CS were Algorithms (Math and Data Structure intense) and Theory of OS (Advanced automata?). Then there's all the electives.

Masters of Science in SE is all about Requirements, System Design, V&V, Project Management, Reverse Engineering, Security, and Networks.

It depends on the university but there's so much knowledge that is NOT in the mainstream that I feel I would not have known otherwise. I'd say its worth it.

My college offers an accelerated program to take hybrid BS/MS classes and graduate with the masters early (1 yr vs 2), would that be worthwhile? I obviously don't give a fuck about getting a doctorate just want the higher avg salary. My only concern is the delay of getting into actual experience outside of internships