Do you need privacy privacy extensions like ublock for brave?

Do you need privacy privacy extensions like ublock for brave?

Attached: 1647076898689.png (512x512, 45.07K)

Other urls found in this thread:

waterfox.net/
theverge.com/2022/6/10/23131029/
github.com/WaterfoxCo/Waterfox/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's built in. This didn't have to be a thread.

you don't need brave

Yep. SHIELDS UP!

/thread

/thread

Seriously though I made the switch to Brave from [{"company": "Google", "project": "Chrome"},{"company": "Mozilla", "project": "Firefox"}, {"company": "Microsoft", "project": "Edge"}] and I'm loving it!

No, it's a botnet already so you don't have to bother with privacy measures.

/thread

/thread

Do I bother disabling Shields and use ublock org?

shields doesn't support procedural filters
and ublock is gimped in chromium-based

you're fucked either way

Well shit if only there was a chromium browser out there that doesn't have these problems.

Honestly though. Why is the browser market so fucked? There is not a single good choice.

>There is not a single good choice.
dumb retard
waterfox.net/

Well Mozilla is going to implement V3 too in their browser.

not the same thing
theverge.com/2022/6/10/23131029/
>For compatibility reasons, Mozilla will still use most of the Manifest V3 spec in Firefox so that extensions can be ported over from Chrome with minimal changes. But, crucially, Firefox will continue to support blocking through Web Request after Google phases it out, enabling the most sophisticated anti-tracking ad blockers to function as normal.
>In justifying that decision, Mozilla has been clear in recognizing that privacy is a core value for people who use its products, as chief security officer Marshall Erwin told The Verge.
>“We know content blocking is important to Firefox users and want to ensure they have access to the best privacy tools available,” Erwin said. “In Firefox we block tracking by default but still allow advertisements to load in the browser. If users want to take the additional step to block ads entirely, we think it is important to enable them to do so.”

/thread

uBlock, no. Brave implements blocking natively and is pretty aggressive about it. Thats one of the things I like about it.

I do use Sponsorblock and ClearURL's though.

ah yes, the browser owned by a marketing company. very trustworthy indeed user

>more pointless fud
their patchset is public user, which patch offends you?
github.com/WaterfoxCo/Waterfox/

No. What you need is jshelter for firefox to provide brave's anti-fingerprinting "farbling".
Thank me later.