Is it worth it?

is it worth it?

Attached: 1654890451375.png (225x224, 6.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/voidlinux/status/1267525360679354374
twitter.com/VoidLinux/status/1320862017582997504
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

literally arch without systemd
so yes, of course

if you want arch without systemd, just use arch instead of this outdated crap made by mentally unstable team

*use artix, i'm braindead

I'm a long time Void user... I should have chosen Artix. Void packages are about as out of date as Debian, but at least it just werx.

I don't now but this kind of distros always seems "meme" to me.

>fartix

Attached: 2554 - ear g_(4chan) glasses grey_background irl irl_background luke_smith open_mouth soyjak stubble technology variant_unknown youtube.png (460x460, 240.12K)

been using it for years, top comf

i don't know who that is but you probably spend too much time surfing web

you get more internet points using Void than Arch

>literally arch
arch has retarded package manager, maintainers, and userbase
only one of those three applies to void

Devoid of doccumentation and updated packages

just go to the github and make a PR updating the version number in the package you want
stop being a lazy fuck

Never used Arch to any great extent. What would you say is wrong with pacman or whatever it's called?

It's some consoomer reference instead of being a functional piece of software

>never breaks
>better package manager
>non-retarded build system
>packages don't pull every useless dependency available
>runit
>musl
>officially supports multiple architectures
>convenient installer
>split repo for non-free software
>makes Any Forums seethe on daily basis

>is it worth it?
use artix

twitter.com/voidlinux/status/1267525360679354374

Why the hell would I do that when I could use a decent option like Artix? I don't want to use some tranny BLM unsupported distro. I'm only using it now because I didn't know those things before installing it.

The "meme" part is musl, IMO. While it's nice to have a working proof of concept libc freedom distro or whatever, it also makes the packaging workflow painful. This is a big part of the whole package problem.
Otherwise, everything about Void is great.

I don't see that; I get the feeling that Arch wouldn't be significantly worse than Void, if I had to switch.

OMG.

thank you user I think for me the decision between Artix and Void is clear now.

yikes!

>twitter.com/voidlinux/status/1267525360679354374
also
twitter.com/VoidLinux/status/1320862017582997504

If you dont want systemd here's your options. Artix for rolling release and AUR. Devuan for a stable just works experience. Alpine for a fast and efficient system. Gentoo if you hate free time. Void is getting to close to the "unmaintained" point. Only major things are kept up to date.

double yikes! fucking nigger lovers

> This is a big part of the whole package problem
this is enough reason to not use it, I don't want to be cancer. but yeah people can use why not.

I mean, since Artix has init freedom, I have to assume that packaging isn't much better. Maybe they have a generator to convert systemd units or w/e? Don't really feel like looking into it.

>Gentoo if you hate free time
BUT, you do get exactly what you want when compiling.