Is Firefox slow?

Is Firefox slow?

Attached: Firefox_logo,_2019.svg.png (800x831, 217.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2021/06/02/improving-font-rendering-in-microsoft-edge/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes.

the web is slow.

yes, compared to Chromium based browsers

for those who use firefox only because they like the font rendering:
1. Open Edge
2. Type edge://flags
3. Search for "Enhance text contrast"
4. Set to Enabled, restart

Attached: 1651934670658.jpg (396x385, 26.6K)

Firefox is not slow. The web is slow. Databases are slow, DNS retrieval is slow. JavaScript is slow. Add-ons are slow. What are you asking of a browser that you feel is the bottleneck in your workflow?

No, "modern" websites are

Yes.
They should consider rebuilding the engine.

It is. Slow and insecure. I'll only ever use it if ublock actually stops working completely on all chromium forks.

Firefox is slow, compare loading time of any complex site to Chrome and it's consistently worse
Firefox itself maintains site charting speed over time (forgot URL) against other browsers and it's slower than Chrome (at least on Linux)
it's nothing controversial, they don't compete on speed but customization and privacy

> Open Edge
How much does Microsoft pay you to say this?

Looks literally the same.

Attached: Screenshot.png (1920x1032, 702.05K)

being able to drop firefox and not have shitty chrome rendering pays me enough

"complex" sites are the problem here

Attached: 1527373009082.jpg (1717x985, 195.9K)

maybe but it's not something I notice

No

Attached: chrome_2022-06-11_20-14-11.png (2225x940, 126K)

Maybe, but the alternative is faster but made by a company I do not agree with (Google)
Provided, Mozilla has been pretty weird itself but at least their product is alright for my needs

I agree, but they are here to stay, and I don't want laggy browsing with Firefox

which results in this. All the "complex" stuff on "modern" sites is just botnet that can and should be dumped in the bin completely. The fastest code is code that never runs.

Attached: 1527389709252.jpg (1421x917, 134.9K)

Attached: Untitled.png (1255x625, 208.33K)

What the fuck?
The EU is unironically saving the internet with that privacy law of theirs.
It is an unintentional side effect.

Dang that looks better, still using chromium and Firefox.

when people like complain that webpages are slow and laggy, 90% of that is because they're running a few megabytes of ad-botnet JS for every single page.

Is that Windows? Because on Linux there is no difference

>blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2021/06/02/improving-font-rendering-in-microsoft-edge/
Yes.