Hello, I am trying to figure the ideal tv size for my sitting room, viewing distance is ~400cm (157")

Hello, I am trying to figure the ideal tv size for my sitting room, viewing distance is ~400cm (157")

I don't really understand, but seems like it's better to get HD than UHD since it's too far away?

Attached: FLSplM9WYAAVi0L.jpg large.jpg (2048x2048, 243.17K)

I mean, according to this chart, 85" HD is more or less ideal, but 85" 4K would be totally wrong?

Nah fuck that. Here's what you do. Measure your living room wall where the tv will go against. Do the measurement corner to corner on the diagonal. That's how large you need. Shit might as well go for the gold now and save yourself the upgrade dollars later. Get it all out of your system now. Hell everyone wants bigger anyway so your merely doing it right on the first try. On the downside, such a large tv may look ugly and dominate the room but hey don't let that stop you from big screen glory.

Maybe it's "at least this far away" if you don't want to notice the pixels

very funny and based, you are a legend

Its cause the further back you sit the less important super high resolution becomes. Cause you can't make out all the little details from sitting far back anyway. This is why 4K+ is a joke if you've got a large room. The quality of your movie rips is more important.

sorry, I don't understand. Can you explain more?

ok, I see. so that's actually a good thing, right? since HD is cheaper than UHD I should then just take HD of 85-90" or so

this chart is made by the same retards who go watch movies from the last row, it's the same as watching it from your phone.

Yes. The quality of your movie rips maters more. You also gain the ability of future proofing a bit. Movies look good on say 65 today. Few years later you upgrade to 100 inch. Movies will still look good. V.S "omg this looks like shit" when you view them on new larger screen and then your forced to redo them all.

ok, so in closing, what tv would you recommend for viewing distance of 400 CM? thats just over 13 feet

i saw that the top range tv's are like 26Keuros that is definitely more than i am willing to pay. i'd say i could not spend over 5k euros but ideally less than that

Just get a cheap 46 inch. It'll last about as long and you won't notice a difference unless watching side-by-side with an expensive one

46 inch is way too small, i am actually looking for a new one since my current one of that size is way too small at that distance

buy glasses. They're cheaper

can someone explain me why at 13' distance of viewing, what would be the difference in HD, 4K and 8K for an 88" tv size?

>buying a tv in 2022
enjoy ads and (((smarttv))) bullshit

Attached: MqFfiXdU6l.jpg (974x974, 55.97K)

I think I will order this one

Attached: 111111111.jpg (3092x1838, 426.95K)

The only difference HD,4K,and 8K makes is if your sitting very close to the screen. Further back you sit, the resolution requirements drop off. Bit rate of movies matters more. Ex: shitty 1080p rip on a 65" screen. v.s DVD at 720x480 @ 65". Which looks better?. The DVD due to its much higher bitrate even though its got lower res.

why would you need more than 1080p on a tv?
most anime rips are 720p anyway

>Hello, I am trying to figure the ideal tv size for my sitting room, viewing distance is ~400cm (157")
I would go for the largest for the largest *good* panel that I can afford. At ~4 meters distance you can even go for a 75in with no issues.
Good panel -> OLED for light controlled environment or MiniLED for bright rooms
>I don't really understand, but seems like it's better to get HD than UHD since it's too far away?
You are indeed too far for 4k to matter,but all good TVs in 2022 are at least 4k. Don't bother with 1080p panels.

Poorfag detected.

Holy cope

some of us actually watch high quality videos, not degenerate stolen garbage

Buy the biggest TV that fits, then move the couch back enough until it's comfy to look at.

>tfw bought shartTV
>nice big OLED panel
>plugged in HDMI, no ethernet or logged into wifi
>never even touched remote afterwards (turns auto-on-off and not using it's speakers)

thank you for your input. by the way, are you the same person who commented on my question regarding that lenovo monitor?

These charts are worthless bro
Get the biggest TV you can afford that's it that's the only shit that matters.

Why are people like this user so poor they have to question every little thing rich people buy?

lmao thanks, you are probably right. i am a perfectionist and it also makes me over analyze shit for months, sometimes even years before puling the trigger on purchases

this is how i spent 2 years checking out the ideal car and finally flew all the way to east germany to get my perfect one

>some of us actually watch high quality videos
why would you watch anything but anime?
i can't remember the last time i watched a movie
buying a tv doesn't make you rich, mutt
>no ethernet or logged into wifi
samsung smart tvs will try to connect to open (i.e., not password protected) wifi hotspots in your area
also, if you run a pi-hole, it will bypass it by using google's dns
also, they can be bricked remotely, samsung already did that when thousands were stolen in (afaik) south africa
>verification not required

Attached: ZOFeABuqQ6.jpg (456x720, 48.51K)

>buying a tv doesn't make you rich, mutt
people who buy tv that you cannot afford are rich relative to you

No. Ignore this shit.
This whole viewing distance thing is mostly a meme.
What you want is a quality TV like an OLED.

Contrast and color quality matter more.

>Cause you can't make out all the little details from sitting far back anyway
Maybe if you have shit eyes.
The whole image gets affected by the resolution change and it's very obvious when an image is higher resolution.

Also with high resolution you often have higher bitrate, if you're watching Blu-rays anyways.

So oled is a brand? or what

OLED is the technology that burns the image to your display permanently, and then you have to buy a new tv (hopefully not an OLED if you learned anything from the first time).

>are you the same person who commented on my question regarding that lenovo monitor?
Not sure, but I participate in most tv/monitor threads and I have a Lenovo y27q-20 monitor.