Why do you guys think that particles behave as waves when not measured but once you measure them they behave as...

Why do you guys think that particles behave as waves when not measured but once you measure them they behave as particles again

Attached: E12708B1-2A4C-46D6-A7F0-1D9DB66B89EE.png (1200x575, 52.92K)

I asked my quantum prof once, he said "shut up and calculate"

they are hiding something. those fucking JEW PARTICLES.

Because gravity leaks into other physical dimensions.

They're just shy.

Wave theory is retarded. We've captured individual photons, and can observe an identical phenomenon with water.
It's just faster because photons have no mass other than subatomic binding energy.

Yes my most likely theory as well

Attached: ED005F94-E09F-473C-8300-68A026551844.png (276x183, 7.67K)

speaking as a physics student, you are a retard
look up the photoelectric effect

this is gay

because the act of measuring collapses the wave-function

because observing them collapses the quantum state into a whole-number eigenstate, all other states are eliminated by interference

Thats a theory for sure but idk just doesnt hold weight to me considering the fact we can make it just one slit for the particles to go through and they behave as particles not a wave make it two they turn into waves until you turn ON the measuring device then they act as particles again. Definitely more to it than just the measuring device

no
you don't even know what the "measuring device" is and what it does.
now quantum eraser is much more interesting than double slit

The universe is a hologram. Consciousness exists in dimensions outside of the space and time but is inextricably linked in the way that space and time are so exercising consciousness affects the physical world.

a measuring device introduces quantum interference with other systems, this is what collapses the wavefunction

silence dumbass, go back to watching rick and morty

Sure i do they are the same kindnof devices youd use to make your doorbell ring when someone drives into your driveway ir laser pointed at receiver that marks when a particle crosses the beam but at a much much much smaller scale

wow this guy's basing his whole knowledge on badly understood michio kaku video while being high
many such cases

Why does it not behave as a wave function when there is only one slit open then?

>"...marks when a particle..."
so why do you expect to find anything else than a particle then after measurement?

it does
an interference pattern is a test for wave like behaviour, you need two slits so that two coherent sources can interfere with each other

imagine it as water waves, you would get peaks where the two waves exactly coincide

It is to mark the number of particles fired and make sure they are all accounted for / there are no extras not to see how they land

So the universe knows when we're watching it?

no

No no, this guy has got a point. This universe could be some kind of test system with some kind of gravity control in the middle. Flip the switch and matter goes flying away from the middle. Flip the switch again and matter returns to the middle like some static. Universe possibly some simulation object.

>simulation theory
retard alert
newsflash: elon musk is not a good source for theoretical physics

This is the outcome you would expect if it were behaving same as waves through one slit

Attached: BC2631E7-295A-46A0-B82E-391017671A3C.jpg (967x732, 227.37K)

as I said here:
if you go and look for a particle in a probability cloud and find one, there is no probability cloud anymore.
it's not really that complicated.

But this is how they behave instead

Any Forums get with the times and allow me to link multiple images in a single post

Attached: 58592E24-68A6-4240-88EC-B75F563DE7E0.png (638x447, 39.49K)

More like it doesn't really exist unless it's observed. If it can't be detected/seen/measured in some way, even if very roughly, it cannot conclusively be stated that it exists.