I remember hearing somewhere that to update Fedora Linux you need to wipe your system and install it again...

I remember hearing somewhere that to update Fedora Linux you need to wipe your system and install it again, but I can't find anything that confirms or denies this
Is this true or did I just hallucinate it?

Attached: morty.ononoki.org.png (474x266, 26.17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/quick-docs/dnf-system-upgrade/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just like any other fixed-release OS, it has an upgrade function that rarely if ever works.

I literally haven't wiped my system for the last 10 upgrades (5 years). You were hallucinating

Even windows doesn't make you do that anymore

Same experience, I used it for about 8 months, hit 2 upgrade cycles, and when the FC3 upgrade failed I was done with it and moved on. This was around 2004 though.

why would you believe something like this user

I had to do it when I used Linux Mint and had to go from 19 to 20
One of the reasons I fucked off of that OS

Ubuntu updater works just fine

>I remember hearing somewhere
Why don't you install a VM or read documentation instead of being making your "knowledge" out of rumours? You're part of the mindless herd, so easily controlled.

i just edit sources.list and use upgrade and dist-upgrade rather than risk the updater forcibly installing grub without my notice

i aint using any ganoo software i don't have to.

Ever since dnf years ago that's no longer the case, you can just do a normal distro upgrade and it works flawlessly. Especially with btrfs partitioning its the only sane choice anyways. Haven't had any problems upgrading past 5 or so releases.

>why dont you just scour the internet for an old version of fedora, install an entire vm and update it instead of taking 5 seconds asking a question on Any Forums

>This was around 2004 though.
lol

It takes less time to just look it up, retard
docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/quick-docs/dnf-system-upgrade/
Asking is not a crime, but you didn't put the minimal effort, and you must be the same for other things. And if you look at everything like "it takes too much time to learn" then you are doomed.

>hurrrrrrr I'm not gonna use the GNU bootloader, I'll just use their entire userland
imagine being this much of a colossal fucking retarded dumbass piece of shit.

whats wrong with gnu

Choose release-based if you want to be an admin, rolling release if you want to be a user.

It has worked just fine for years. This is a common lie that developers and users of rolling release distributions keep repeating to deal with their sunk cost fallacy syndrome.

That's the opposite.

no but it's always a good idea to make a separate /home partition when installling linux, just in case anything goes wrong.

Or perhaps you're just a brain dead stupid lying faggot corporate shill living in denial. Could be either one.