Does turning off "Location" in phone actually do anything?

Does turning off "Location" in phone actually do anything?

Attached: istockphoto-1313353192-1024x1024.jpg (1024x890, 107.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UDPebNuPWMw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What kind of phone (e.g. regular iPhone, rooted Android)? What kind of apps?

No.
I never have location enabled but Jewgle knows everywhere I've been since 2017.

Android
It seems that if I go in websites they know where I am even with location turned off. I just can't use my Navigation/Waze app.

Extremely illegal, but I guess who cares..

Yes and no, your geographical region can still be seen due to the information passed about which cell towers your traffic is coming from. However they won't be able to see your exact location such as a gps position

Lol

See: SIM Cards

I use an iPhone and depending on if I’m using WiFi or data I twill put me in different states neither of which are mine. I’m not sure what this means for all information gathering but at least web based tracking seems to be thrown off.

It does because then they cant monitor you.

afaik that is all done through IP so get a vpn if you care about that

even without a battery they can still trace your phone

They always triangulate your position from nearby cell towers. The "Location" only gives them live POV data. Not that they don't get it anyways from the internal compass, it's just used for specific app permitions.

This is stupid and you should feel bad for posting it.

Retard_wojak.jpeg

I dont know if its a conspiracy theory or not but I read somewhere that they have databases of Wifi MAC addresses and can use the information from the phones WiFi to guess where you are.

True, taking out the battery of a phone doesn't save you from being tracked. But go ahead and believe TV and movies, I don't care.

On WiFi, your IP address gives an approximate location. Making phone calls also gives an approximate location, due to phone towers. It isn't good enough to exactly locate you, probably just to say which town you're in.
If you have "Location" on, then GPS satellites are literally monitoring your anus

youtube.com/watch?v=UDPebNuPWMw

Not if you own apple, and no matter what your carrier can see you.

great counter arguments retards

Attached: sport-conrad-blog-recco-rescue-system-drawing.jpg (1200x822, 179.76K)

What exactly are they tracing, if there is no power to emit a signal of any kind? Yes, tracking is pervasive and there is no respect for privacy. But nobody is omnipotent.