Why do people say this is not good?

Why do people say this is not good?
I keep seeing lots of new stuff coming out

Just look at this shit:
old.reddit.com/r/godot/comments/v7wyar/hello_im_new_here_this_is_raimodula_my_very_first/

Attached: Godot-logo-para-news.jpg (654x468, 36.87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

old.reddit.com/r/godot/comments/o3l9n5/i_accidentally_adjusted_the_scale_to_100/
youtu.be/9NYfSJ4ZyX0
youtu.be/WjbPOe0boTE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nothing is cool about using high level frameworks to make games. Even the most retarded idiot can make a game out of this. The quality therefore sucks. You’re restricted by the framework.

I think lots of games are way too complex to not use an engine
But if you can be like the Noita dev and do everything from scratch, more power to you

I think its reputation was hurt by years of "just wait, it'll be viable soon". It also has or had major performance affecting shortcomings, such as lack of shader caching and occlusion culling, and the OpenGL ES based renderer isn't the most performant in the first place.
All of that should be fixed in 4.0 but it's still in alpha phase so we'll see.

>Just look at this shit
Baby's first indie platformer but with juice to make it look nice. You can do that in any engine, it proves nothing besides Godot being technically viable for making games.

>it proves nothing besides Godot being technically viable for making games
Yeah and I keep seeing examples of that
old.reddit.com/r/godot/comments/o3l9n5/i_accidentally_adjusted_the_scale_to_100/

hardly any 3D C++ examples. nobody is going to use gdscript to make a game. i am not going to "read the code" to understand where to start. if i'm going to do that i'm reverse engineering your codebase and i might as well write my own

>The community isn't big enough.
>A lot of unfinished features.

Stick with Unity if you want a nice engine that's easy to get into.

your video is nothing new, Godot was and is good for this kind of stuff but not that much for real 3d shit like unreal or unity.

See

and now look at this

Attached: 1636503572459.png (1200x675, 1.66M)

>You’re restricted by the framework.
how is Godot restrictive? unless you're a AAA developer I feel like it covers pretty much anything youd need. also i don't see how it being easy to use automatically makes it low quality, that makes no sense

Kek BTFO

>nobody is going to use gdscript to make a game
You can use C#, but GDScript is fine.

>C#
>GDScript
just no

What?

Elaborate please.

ITT reddit user pcezarino posts his shit on Any Forums for upvotes.

show a game that looks like this. No a engine demo doesn't count.

games in development with unreal engine 5:
>Layers of Fear 3
youtu.be/9NYfSJ4ZyX0
>Black Myth - Wukong
youtu.be/WjbPOe0boTE
there are many more which look good but not much footage, I think Black Myth - Wukong shows pretty good the stuff of the power of UE5 IN GAME.
Even the trailer of LoF3 and only the hands and textures are doing a much better job than Godot lmao

>Why do people say this is not good?
Because the only thing to come from it is shit from small team/solo devs

not minimal enough

How do people go nuts over this when Stride exists?

Attached: 60183270-2a0e-11ec-8ac5-f5d737de006d.png (256x256, 4.26K)

Because Any Forums doesn't make games. They look at and play games. So they look at everyone's indie project. Think it's not very good and some that it must not be good. But you get what you give and gedot is a prefectly viable platform to make games.
But, you now, unity has more tutorials so people use that.

>Comparing a top-of-the-line, proprietary and profit-driven game engine with an open-source and completely free game engine
>Expects the same results
Kys.

Attached: 1645760723379.jpg (469x452, 91.1K)