Suckless

Are they just a bunch of hipsters who think that Free Software isn't hip enough?
Or is this "software that sucks less" a pretense to meet friends? Men on this photo look like they're genuinely having a good time with their bros.

Attached: 1654763483367.jpg (1024x768, 241.32K)

They managed to order themselves balds on the left and increasing hair density as you move right.

Suckless software is bad.

Very keen observation, user.

yikes, so many WHITE MEN, we need to cancel this software RIGHT NOW

Ofcourse they are having a good time. There are no trannies or women in this picture

>there are no trannies
Yet.
Obsession with software minimalism leads to AGP transsexualism, using "minimal" keyboards and, eventually, to chopping off your peepee. We lose many fine white developers to minimalism disease!

>Obsession with software minimalism leads to AGP transsexualism
This doesn't explain why Rust has so many trannies.

>This doesn't explain why Rust has so many trannies.
segfault minimalism

Lost

no you

Rob Pike already commented on this trend in the utah2000
I quote
>Three trends result: . . .
3. Take an existing thing and tweak it.
>New operating systems today tend to be just ways of reimplementing Unix. If they have a novel architecture -- and some do -- the first thing to build is the Unix emulation layer.
>Linux is the hot new thing... but it's just another Unix.
>Linux may fall into the Macintosh trap: smug isolation leading to (near) obsolescence.
>The future is distributed computation, but the language community has done very little to address that possibility.
He was, 10000% percent right about distributed computing. Organizations like google (and even your average Joe) have an obscene amount of money for relatively cheap computer parts that distributed computing becomes a no-brainer. He went on to create Go, which is the go-to language for dist. comp.
Suckless are tweakers, as the late Terry Davis would put it they are followers, they will never do anything great. They might help improve the user's Linux experience, but they won't revolutionize it.
I have over 10000 SoCs embedded into various part of my house, they are all connected into a super computer that acts as floor heating while running.
I have around 30 TFLOPS at max, which draws 10 kilowatts.
This actually works very well, as all processes have at least 1 chip to itself.

I don't think the Distributed Computation you envision if the same google or Rob Bike did

is*

All their software is dogshit

Is that Chandler from Mr. Beast on the right?

That's not distributed computing, it's distributed systems, which are protocols, which basically any Linux implementation supports
Distributed computing fails intrinsically due to physical constraints

>This doesn't explain why Rust has so many trannies.
It doesn't. All the trannies are C/C++ programmers who learned Rust after transitioning. C/C++ made them into trannies.

Is this the incel meetup?

stfu brex

No, they all had sex with each other after this photo was taken