/spg/ - SmartPhone General

the new notchless king has arrived

If you're requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you'll be using. Include the features you want, budget, and size. BEFORE POSTING, narrow down your options by using the links below.

>What phone has X and Y feature?
Don't ask, use these!
gsmarena.com/search.php3
kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones
phonedb.net/index.php?m=device&s=query

Good Resources:
>Reviews
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
notebookcheck.net

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonesized.com/
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Everything rooting and custom ROM related
>Beware carrier variants with locked bootloaders
xda-developers.com/

>A curated list of open source Android applications, tutorials and resources
gitlab.com/linuxcafefederation/awesome-android/-/blob/main/README.md

>Android App compatibility list for de-googled phones
plexus.techlore.tech/

>Custom ROMs suggestions, privacy guides
gearjail.neocities.org/

>Recommended Chinese phones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much you spent on a good/bad phone

Previous thread:

Attached: ZTE-Axon-40-Ultra-1024x787.jpg (1024x787, 73.3K)

Is a52s still the best midranger temps and battery wise? I just need good temps when gaming, good battery life, 120hz OLED and decent speakers. Mi 11 Lite 5g NE is literally a downgrade compared in so many ways so is this the best 2022 can offer? I'm coming from iphone 13 pro and Xiaomi 12 and got way too annoyed with how much they throttle when playing games.

Is having an up to date phone the biggest marketing meme?
My last phone was an LG v30, and it did literally everything my new oneplus 9 pro does but better. I honestly don't know what I would be giving up going back to it. It just worked. I'm pretty sure it was android 8, I actually found it easier and more streamlined when browsing it earlier today.
>muh security updates
If this has ever been an issue for you, I honestly don't know what you are doing on your phone.
Honestly, even outside of the OS, I almost prefer the trade offs it proves with hardware. I ran psp games on my v30, I don't even remember what chip it had in it, but it's still more than powerful enough for really anything you would reasonably use a phone for. And even though I had it for years, it still last longer than my oneplus battery. It also weighs significantly less, and has a much better form factor than most new phones.
Am I just getting old? Or do android phones kinda suck now. I ended up buying the oneplus 9 pro and the Xperia 1 Iii, with the intent to keep the one I liked best, and honestly felt like both were huge compromises.

How do I disable these notifications?
I want them back where they belong instead of behind two swipes
I have root btw

Attached: 1654760494373.jpg (941x706, 56.68K)

>Is a52s still the best midranger temps and battery wise?
Yes. Its the last good phone by samshit. After that they took away the headphone jack for midrangers.

You're not alone on that one. All the new phones are just glass slabs with cameras, a usbc port, and just a USB cable in the box. All of them are functional downgrades compared to 4-7 years ago in terms of everything but cameras and processor power. The new android versions just introduce api changes that break apps and features, and are mostly unnecessary since even banking apps require 8.0 or higher. I would still be using my LG G6 if the microphone didnt crap out on me.

appel tinus dickus 12 mini reporting in.
i fucking love my 12 mini
thank you tim cook

Attached: iPhone-12-Pro-Max-12-Mini-XDA14.jpg (1200x800, 132.72K)

Is $355 cad a decent price for a used a52s in very good condition?

Might go buy one of these later on

you can get them cheaper from amazon, at least in country

*new

So xiaomi is fine as long as I put custom rom immediately? Xi-sama won't be able to collect my data right?

Every a52s on amazon.ca is $500 or more.

i'm in france and it's 290€

I'll just buy the used a52s

Should I buy a Pixel 6 Pro? It's on sale right now, $100 off. Is it good now?
Have been using a OnePlus 6 for over 4 years now, it held up surprisingly well but is only now starting to show its age.

I make FAGMAN money so budget really isn't an issue but discounts are always nice. I'm mostly a normie when it comes to phone usage, so outside of installing emulators and using hacked apk versions of paid apps, I'm mostly concerned about build quality and longevity, and I do like the Google features like the magic eraser, and the low light cameras.

would it even be worth holding out till Pixel 7? and since the 6a is a downgrade I'm not really interested just because it's slightly cheaper.

Attached: 1651607148807.gif (484x256, 1.99M)

Settings > Sound > Multimedia Content > Disable everything

this is on Android 12, don't know if it works with 11

what phone would you recommend to a person with a large penis?

Nokia 3310

year of our lord 2022 and we still have not gotten rid of punchholes and nothces and all that shit aaaaagh im going insane

easy. Iphone 13 mini.

Is there some killer feature predicted for iPhone 14 or should I just get 13 pro now?

In alternate world, I might bought Edge S instead of S20FE.