If I start from 0 and program 8 hours a day, how good should I be after a year?

If I start from 0 and program 8 hours a day, how good should I be after a year?

Assume an average learning ability

Attached: main-qimg-5aa2ed04b0f4b0d294c73d434eda75aa.png (602x539, 38.69K)

About three fiddy

You will fail. You're literally asking to fail.

Depends, are you going to learn just 1 language? What language? What type of programming do you want to do? What job are you seeking?

Python
AI/ML

I only know match up to calculus

Hey kid, want to join an experimental discord group focused on high end skills mastery in cs and math for total losers

Attached: istockphoto-176905815-170667a.jpg (338x507, 46.3K)

you’ll be at an avg or slightly below avg green Junior Datascientist or ML Engineer’s level of writing python scripts. If you had said you were of remarkable intelligence or had a strong background in math I would expect more. Putting in lots of effort for a technical subject with very mediocre ability will only yield mediocre baseline competence. This is why very brutal filtration mechanisms are established by research groups at unis via the gre and through grueling interviews for major corporations. They want more than hard working people hanging around the mean.

One year you can learn your first programming language but your code quality will still be balls

>Average learning ability
You'll never make it

>get required IQ points
>program 2 hours a day
>spend an hour learning mathematics and relative complexity

Nothings worse than programming something that doesnt scale

YEeah

seeing how you're procrastinating with this pointless thread instead of just doing it I give you 2 weeks max before you give up, and that's being generous. if reading this made u close the tab and start u might have a chance, but u and i both know u won't do that.

Learning a programming language can only help you in the interview, utilizing it's features and building stuff is what make you a better developer.

Dump your discord

Programming isn't fucking bowling, you don't just "practice every day" and get good at. You literally need a brain that is capable of higher levels of abstraction than you are likely ever going to display in your life.
If you didn't get into programming because you genuinely found the concept fascinating from a young age and spend your childhood PEEKing and POKEing with basic technology to see what happened when you broke things and experimented with them, then you aren't going to make it.

Anyone who "gets into" programming as an adult because they arbitrarily think it's going to be some cool/profitable career is literally just creating a net loss for the system that will become some other, better programmer's responsibility to fix.

They usually don't go far, because they start without having a clue of what programming even is, then they get disappointed, filtered or just stuck without progressing for months. OP for instance I can tell he'll give up in a few months.

How many times do you people need to be told?
Fuck off we're full.

>If I start from 0 and program 8 hours a day
You won't do this because you're asking here. If you had the drive to do that for a year, you'd already be doing it for months now and you wouldn't have to ask. The fact you made this thread demonstrates you lack the motivation to do it.

The market itself is massively oversaturated. The number of programmers FAR outstrips the number of jobs available. Even if you've been obsessively programming since adolescence, there's no guarantee you will get a job. Foreign workers have been depressing our wages for decades and the pay is only going down.

tl;dr please kindly fuck off, we're full.

nope, only entry level jobs + mid level webdev is oversaturated. if you have decent systems programming skills you're basically irreplaceable these days. i get called in on projects where they need to fix performance or do anything moderately low level; 90% of people have no idea how anything works, they just spout time / space complexity

itc: codemonkeys exaggerating the difficulty of programming

It's easy OP, don't listen to these guys. What you do need though is someone who knows what they're doing to review your code. Learning on your own you'll be "decent" at best if you choose the right projects, but if you can find a good mentor/code reviewer and work hard you can become a pretty good programmer in 1 year.