How do I stop drinking...

How do I stop drinking? I've gotten into the habit of working 12-13 hours a day and finishing a bottle of whisky every 2 days. Not only is this super unhealthy, but I can't continue to spend $50 a day on alcohol. It started out as a fun way to pass the time while I pounded out code, but now I can hardly go 24 hours without a drink. Any ex alcoholics with some advice?

Attached: Jameson-whisky.jpg (469x654, 20.82K)

You buy $100 bottles of whiskey?

Replace it with another hobby

Yeah.

My hobby is programming, but now I can't even go to the gym without wanting to drink.

You can get a handle (1.75L) of vodka for about $15. That should last you almost a week if you're only doing 350ml a day.

I like whisky, and the bottle I usually go for doesn't offer handles.

Yet you posted Jameson with is like $25 a bottle.

Sus.

Attached: 1617372114997.jpg (500x375, 16.44K)

My go to is Ardbeg. The picture of Jamo was just to get some attention.

Well here's the deal chief. Now you know that you have a substance abuse problem.

Realistically you have two choices; detox safely, and never pick it up again OR die ramming your car into a family of 5 or gaunt and emaciated on a hospital bed from cirrhosis waiting for a liver transplant.

Third unrealistic option is you go back to "responsible use" but the chances of that are slim to none.

Yeah. This is my worry.

Legitimately so

There are many facets to addiction, is not just the buzz itself or the physical dependency.

What are you getting out of drinking? do you get a break every now and then to drink? do you have any social interaction while you do it? what motivates you to keep going back to it.

Analyze that well, only then you can move to the second step, which is finding a healthier replacement for those stimuli and patterns you get out of an addiction.

You could go cold turkey but success chances on that are really low.

Go to the hospital.
You can't detox on your own if you seriously drink that much you'll die.
You need a doctor to monitor you.

checked for based triples and good advice

Switch to something that tastes worse. Fernet, jäger, gin, what ever spirit you really don't like. Drink it pure, no ice. Naturally you won't drink as much. Do this for a week and see if you can lessen your habit. Or just go to rehab/hospital.

dude drinks a fifth over two days and is probably early 20's, he can just quit cold turkey

op if you want to stop drinking then quit drinking. either way the first step is quit being a bitch

1. Medical detox is necessary at those amount so find a detox/hospital/mental health facility attend to that first

2. Treatment will be recommended (by the facility you detox at and me personally) go ESPECIALLY if you don't want to, participate, pay attention especially to the things you don't want to hear, and GO TO THE 12 STEP MEETINGS

3. Fina an AA/NA/w/e other 12 step meeting works for you, get a sponsor, DO WHAT THEY SAY

Gods willing I'll have 13 years clean/sober in April and I've been working as a tech at treatment centers for four years, in my fairly experienced opinion that's your best bet to not become a car dwelling gutter drunk like i used to be

yuck

yes goy pay for treatment at one of our accredited facilities and join the church of AA maybe one day you can be like this good goy working at the treatment center

Agreed. Just go to the hospital OP
Treatment centers/outpatient is gross