Why are so many people afraid to go nuclear? They can't all be shills for the coal industry

Why are so many people afraid to go nuclear? They can't all be shills for the coal industry.

Attached: f2zyyxq9mpp21.png (1200x489, 335.13K)

NIMBYs.

Just wait to the nuclear power plants make affirmative action hires and Shaniqua is the plant supervisor. She fires all the white devils and puts Tyrone in charge of cooling the reactor. Do you really want nuclear power in third world shithole America?

Americans aren't the only country afraid to make the change.

This. Germany didnt want nuclear power and now they have to suck Putin's cock thru the Nord Stream 2 pipeline.

Germans just can't catch a break

40% of German citizens under 5 have foreign roots. RIP Germany.

What were the German reasons for not wanting to switch to nuclear?

They'll apparently not be able to scale far enough to combat the climate crisis in time (due to requiring around 30 years to build, having to be decommissioned after 70 years, and the fact that apparently climate change/carbon emissions have to be basically solved within 10 years). Also, they're pretty expensive to run and would require some competant regulation to not have any sort of accidents. I think those are the problems I heard it has so far, but I would be genuinely interested to hear from an user who has rebuttals to those questions. This is honestly a pretty interesting topic.

Most people are scientifically illiterate. Also, it's the 'plane crash' phenomenon. That is, you're far more likely to die in a car accident than an aviation one but because plane crashes are spectacular disasters far more people have a phobia of them. Coal kills more people per year than nuclear has in seventy but it's stuff like Chernobyl that scares the shit out of the average citizen.

The greenies campaigning for more coal power because muh Chernobyl.

Meltdowns, radiation leaks, contamination, disposal and storage is the gist of it I think. Basically what could go wrong.

Attached: 118839108_179708603611472_4177332125850021814_n.jpg (880x660, 225.83K)

It doesn't help the most people are woefully uninformed due to anti-nuclear propaganda

>I'm afraid of 1950s tech in a 2020 world.

ok, luddite.

I wholeheartedly agree.

I'm not afraid of that. That's just the gist of what people opposed to it think. OP asked a question, that's the answer.

I am a political prisoner. My name is dissident Vaycheclav Fedinsky. Almost 17 years i have been locked in GERMANY hospital for my political convictions. I'm completely mentally healthy but some illegal psychotropic drugs are used against me such as haloperidol, chlorpromazine, moditen depot and others. Help me to immigrate to the USA or i'll be GERMAN murdered in the Orlov's special hospital!

Attached: IMG-20220125-WA0007.jpg (1080x1080, 98.36K)

FRANKENSTEIN RADIO CONTROLS

Transilvanian
> naked neck
Chicken Coop

Jeeze this bot is so old

Yeah it should
have - evolved to
like cougars by now

Thats the NSA fishing for more victims. Just dont loli, you'll be fine.

Attached: Pepe glow.png (593x369, 159.35K)

Ha that guy's glowing in a thread about nuclear power

Attached: 1639717564553.png (710x577, 43.87K)

I'm afraid of nuclear technology combined with a modern day third world affirmative action work force running the nuclear reactors.

>They can't all be shills for the coal industry.
No but they are affected by the shills. That's what shilling is for, one shill can change the opinions of a hundred people or more. Doesn't take a lot of them to shift society.

> Modern day third world affirmative action work force
Cause when has that ever happened in the US?