Parrarel EEPROM in DIP8

Parrarel EEPROM in DIP8

I am designing a circuit that use small combitional logic "A XOR (B OR C)" and I need to implement it as small as possible. I can use single OR gate and single XOR gate but those will take 10 pins together [(VCC, GND, INPUT A, INPUT B, OUTPUT) x2]. I got idea about using the multiplexer with 3 bits for data selector and I would have connected the VCC or GND to the corresponding 8 data pins. It takes more space but I can connect it to the dip switches and have it configurable with 8 switches for any logic with 3 inputs and 1 output. But this would take also space for pull-down or pull-up resistors and if possible I would like to have possibility to change the logic and make it as small as possible.

I got the idea to use EEPROM with only 1 byte of memory so I could have the 8 bit multiplexer logic saved in such tiny IC. The question is wheater that tiny parraler EEPROM exist? The best would be in DIP8 [(VCC, GND, 3 INPUT, 1 OUTPUT, WRITE, READ) or something like this]. I know there are DIP8 I2C EEPROMs but I need a parrarel to make it compute those simple logic. It could be even just an EPROM so I would switch the chip from the socket for other ones.

Thank you for all of your suggestions. In the end I guess I will use just single gates but if there are such a tiny EPROMs please tell me what are those. I am also open for every other idea that could be simpler than 10 pins in total and would take as low power as possible.

Attached: dip8.jpg (446x450, 78.27K)

TL;DR
Does parrerel EEPROM in DIP8 (or less then 10) exist?

FUCK NIGGERS

(go to Any Forums, galaxy brain)

I don't know the answer but I like you. What's the point of designing a new circuit? What are you trying to build?

I don't think there are any outside of I2C for DIP8. But maybe there are 16 pin ones? I can't think of any particular part number but I think Ben Eater uses one on his 8-bit computer.

I don't know if an EEPROM like that exists, but microcontrollers like that do exist.
If you can wait one clock cycle for the result you could use something like an attiny. The DIP version looks exactly like the pic

Prototyping boards that would connect as easy as lego bricks so anyone without electronics knowledge could connect those and build something that computes in parrarel and make led animations

>Any Forums
LMAO
He should go to /diy/.

I saw those on Ben Eater channel too, but I need really tiny ones

Are you actually building one or just drawing it for a class?

I was thinking about using attiny and I have some of those in dip8, thank you for suggesting. I will check the timings I need and see if this would work for me but I guess if attiny would be checking constantly the logic every tick then it would consume more power and I would like to consume as little power as I can

I am building those, made some prototypes earlier with 74xx ICs but I want to reduce the space

Not an ee guy but...

if you can solder SMT, you can use an SMT with more pins on an 8 pin dip form. just use the pins you need on the 10 pin and leave the others open.
Is this 5 volt or 3.3 or what?

Perhaps it's possible to put the attiny in deep sleep and enable wake-up pin change interrupts on every input pin. I haven't tested that specifically, and it would take some extra time to wake up, but that would be madly efficient.

Similar question but can you post your current diagram? It's easier if we know voltage, etc. And how good are you at soldering? Dead bug soldering is great for reducing space

For now it's working on 5v, but I didn't decide yet exactly. The best would be if working range would be from 2,7v up to 5,5v. But still some final decisions to be made

Good idea! Although the user will decide how fast the interrupts will be from fraction of a second up to a several seconds. But if the minimum clock time would be working with sleep mode and the attiny internal clock - that would be one of cheap and working solutions

What's driving the inputs though? Sinking or sourcing? Button? You haven't responded if you're ok with using surface mount (unless I missed it).

I don't have a diagram with me rn. Voltage in range from 2,7v to 5,5v as I didn't decide yet, for now it's working on 5v. I am really begginer in soldering. For now I had solder only tht components

Buttons and outputs from other logic boards and the D-flip flop output. No microcontrollers used in the circuit yet

I'm looking for the IC I'm thinking of, if I lose you just look up multifunction gate ICs on digikey and try using A(~B) + (~A)B. Should be able to reduce your pins or size without jumping to a micro

Instead of XOR, you'll have to feed B+C to it as "B" but you should be able to get all in one