Hobby thread

Hobby thread.
What's your hobby user? What cool thing have you done recently?
I'm into optics, right now i'm playing around with astrophotography. Here is a pic i took of the moon today. Actually it's 1300 pics in one.

Attached: layered0032.png (1012x840, 1.37M)

My hobby is listening to Shortwave radio.

Attached: CCrane-CC-Skywave-SSB-Wood-2-e1517327583354.jpg (800x563, 108.72K)

My hobby is the moon

Did you know there's actually like 1300 pictures on the moon?

What kind of things do you hear?
What about it?

just fucking lol at not knowing the moon is a digital projection to keep you believing

The back of the moon is flat.

If that's the case then what causes tides?

The moon is named after the astronomer that discovered it.

Have any cool photos?

I mostly listen to utility comms on USB/LSB [Military/HF Aircraft/Maritime/Hams]
Example: San Francisco International Airport on 10057 kHz/10.057 MHz on USB.

There's also a notorious channel on 80 meter band on the west coast of the USA known as 3840 kHz. You can find YouTube videos on it.
During Hurricane Season, you can hear the hurricane hunters on shortwave.

Can you photograph the ISS please

Um, actually, the earth is an icosahedron, the moon is a klein bottle and my girlfriends chest is flat. Flat earthers were invented to keep you in the dark.

Can you hear numbers stations

Still new to this, so i don't have many. Mostly just moons, and some poor attempts at the orion nebula. Also some sun photos with almost no contrast.
I have a bunch of microscopy photos though.

Attached: 401.png (1280x960, 1.67M)

That sounds like a lot of fun. Weird hobby, but a good one.

I've heard the Cuban spy numbers numerous times, especially during the spring and summer. A couple of frequencies that I've heard it on was 17480 kHz and 9065 kHz.

The radio equipment I use for SW are: CCRANE CC Skywave SSB, Icom Ic r20, and a Sangean ATS 909X.

>layered0032.png
Yeah your mom got layered that many times too, just last night actually

If you are conceived on a full moon you will have brain damage

Sweet, does the actual view differ from the photograph?

Yeah, it differ real good. I take like 1300 pictures of the moon! With optics

The numbers stations are fascinating to mathematicians. The encoding is next level. Beyong anything they can reverse and has been going on since the 1940s.

Noone has cracked a numbers station broadcast. No one. I think anyone close to it is already on their radar. Recruit or disappear them.

I'm into fishing, target shooting, hiking, loose leaf tea, and growing weed.

Yes, in the viewr it's just a white blotch. Same as any galaxy or nebula. Our eyes have low "exposure time", about 1/12s whereas i took that at 1s. Really, to get propper pics i need a reduicer to zoom out, and then i need a motor and a polarscope to follow the sky. This way i can take 60s exposures.
Here is an older photo of the moon.

Attached: 1643415495699.jpg (470x593, 89.22K)

I hear that the HF conditions are improving and that might mean more activity on shortwave.

The moons a space station

Sounds fascinating. I'd say i'll try and get into it, but i already have too many hobbies and i'm already on a few lists. Mostly for home chemistry.

How much aprox would be a newb starter pack for stargazing?

Ive read some atlantian/lemurian books that my old man once threw me. The books state, that moon is the Ark.

I like playing on my piano. Bought a cheap one off Amazon. I'm not very good

Attached: 20220212_170013.jpg (4000x1800, 1.45M)

I'm going insane, why follia do this to me

Attached: IMG-20220123-WA0017.jpg (1080x1080, 137.67K)

I've heard about that, could be who knows really. Nasa crashed a satellite into and it rang like a bell

idk but do you know of any budget telescopes that can sell the moon and Saturn clearly?

Fuck off bot, i don't like your you

The cipher is dynamic and personal to the intended listener. It's not being cracked, each broadcast is uniquely encoded.

This is where the concept 2 factor evolved from.

Watch any spy movie. It's always something personal to decipher it. The system is morse code with unique encode each time. If you crack one, it doesn't help you crack another.

I game and watch documentaries on YouTube. Chess. Civ and other god games.