/wdg/ - Web Development General

Comfy Edition

>Free beginner resources to get started with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and PHP
eloquentjavascript.net/Eloquent_JavaScript.pdf - A modern introduction to JavaScript
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn - A good starting point to learn about web dev fundamentals
javascript.info/ - Quite a good JS tutorial
freecodecamp.org - Curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, React, Node.js, Express, and MongoDB
theodinproject.com - Curriculum including HTML/CSS/JS, and either Ruby on Rails / SQL, or Node.js / MongoDB
fullstackopen.com/en/ - Requires you to have basic web dev, db and git knowledge
flexboxfroggy.com/ and cssgridgarden.com/ - Learn flex/grid in CSS
phptherightway.com/ - A decent PHP resource
phptutorial.net - A PHP tutorial

>List of design resources
github.com/bradtraversy/design-resources-for-developers

>All useful documentation in one place
devdocs.io

>Need help? Create an example and post the link
jsfiddle.net - if you need help with HTML/CSS/JS
3v4l.org - if you need help with PHP/HackLang
codesandbox.io - if you need help with React/Angular/Vue

We have own website: wdg.one
Submit your project progress updates using this format in your posts, the scraper will pick it up:
:: my-project-title ::
dev:: user
tools:: node, react, etc
link:: my.website.com
repo:: github.com/user/repo
progress:: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Previous:

Attached: file.png (480x360, 102.47K)

good evening i hate the web

The modern web and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race

have been learning javascript from Eloquent JS in the OP, isn't this a little bit too in depth for a web developer?

Try javascript.info

the sunk cost fallacy is real in this line of work.

good morning sirs, i love the web

window.addEventListener('beforeunload', function (e) {
e.preventDefault();
e.returnValue = '';
});

this " before unload event " doesn't work on my chrome browser
when i try to close the tab, pop-up won't open
how do i fix this

Is there money in making full apps for retards/companies with too much money to spend?

I was wondering if living off of freelance work was doable. I don't care if it's a pittance, I hate working in an office so much. I'll just go and live in some cheap shithole if I have to

The worse part is getting enough clients to generate a stable MMR. Otherwise you get fucked really hard, landlords won't rent to you, banks won't give you mortgage and everything related to credit will be against you.
Having a job, even if it's a part-time and taking freelance for the big bucks it's more doable.

Setting aside renting, is it doable? I have no idea where I'd even find work but I might just live off savings while I figure it out

Maybe if you contact them. If they already are on freelancer.com, they will not want to spend more than pajeet prices which is scraps.

and it's not real in other work sectors?

>To combat unwanted pop-ups, browsers may not display prompts created in beforeunload event handlers unless the page has been interacted with, or may even not display them at all.
Are you interacting with the page before closing it?

gotten a little further with my stock alarm
i just need to find a way to iterate through rows of a mysql table and calculate things

so much more difficult than any other language ive encountered so far

It's not deep, it's badly written. Yet another book recommended to beginners from people who did not read the book.
Read javascript.info and you don't know js

would employers respect a fullstackopen cert along with a few personal projects, or do i really need to take out a loan for a real school

filtered

I closed it immediately
I interact with it now and pop-up appears
ty user im a dumb cunt.

Today im gonna make a calculator backend, so you can use a calculator using only html.

Attached: c3f.jpg (1082x695, 286.92K)

The duck you need a backend for dummy?
Just add a script to your html

No problem, I didn't know about this behavior until I read MDN so we both learned something new today