Are these things necessary?

Are these things necessary?

Attached: 81lgJ++wufL.jpg (1709x2560, 363.4K)

it's not oxygen

Oxygen is free

It's not FOSS

depends

What could be the worst thing that can happen without one?

For you desktop PC I think they are only necessary if you have often brown outs.

depends

Absolutely nobody cares

enjoy your backdoored housefire

I had one that started to emit an electrical smell and then started beeping and won't charge. I'm not sure if it's the battery or the unit itself. Want to replace the battery but it's over $70

Living in a third world shithole (Texas) where brownouts happen regularly and full power outages are guaranteed every single March... and when unsupervised shitskin children throw things at the power lines for fun - yes they are necessary. Doubly so if you are hosting any internet related things

I used to think they weren't till a brownout fried every component in my $4500 gaming PC.

I have the PC on a surge protector now would it prevent this sort of thing?

No, I don't even have one on my server

I like the cheap $50 ones you can get at walmart that will keep your shit running for like 10 minutes. Hell, get a second one for router + modem and it'll keep that online for ~1.5 hours. Anything more is excessive imo

I get a lot of power flickers but rarely any complete outages. It's nice to have both a surge protector but also QOL not having to restart everything and wait for router to come back online.

Attached: IMG_2905.jpg (588x284, 43.69K)

Didnt triplite had a keylogger for their rack UPS? ofcourse people should care.

Do you need something to run 24/7? yes.
If no, no.
Maybe a small one for your router in case of a long blackout.

are there backouts in your area? if yes, get one
do you need something to run 24/7? if yes get one
are there sudden powersurges in your area? (eg by thunder etc) if yes you should get one but could also just get a surge protector

if your area has a shit tier electric grid, then they're 100% necessary

no