I visited a new psych the other day. she wants me to try zoloft...

i visited a new psych the other day. she wants me to try zoloft. i really dont want to get on ssris-- my dad and brother both tried them and had horrible results. i got terrible WD from mirtazapine, and dont want to be taking a daily med for the rest of my life.
psych basically said that they want to try one before anything else.
im thinking fuck that, i'll just continue to eat mushrooms occasionally .|
she asked if there was anything in particular i had in mind-- but i didn't say Ketamine because it seems like drug seeking behavior (even though I've literally never tried K and my interest is from reading studies)

advice?
what anti-depressants are you on?

Attached: Zoloft-Addiction-and-Withdrawal-North-Jersey-Recovery-Center-574517974.jpg (1000x563, 38.88K)

Symptoms?

I had dreadful panic attacks and anxiety, low mood, lack of drive, etc.

Turns out my testosterone was low. So I started injecting testosterone. Saved my life, and everything is sweet when your test levels are decent.

Just to add to I also was prescribed mirtazapine. If anything made it worse and withdrawals were hell.

I have been on Zoloft a few times in my life. The first time it worked great, and within a few weeks I was back to normal. I stayed on it for about two years, came off, and didn't get depressed again for about 5 years. I got depressed again, told my doctor these helped last time, worked up to the same dosage, and had an awful experience. I had the worst suicidal urges I've ever experienced, and asked my doctor to switch me onto something else within about a month.

Just my experience, and unfortunately not very reassuring. The mushrooms might help but don't eat too many at once (2g is fine), don't take them too often (at least 3 days between trips) and consider doing them alone, unless you are usually lonely.

Good luck user, it does get better.

suicidality, anxiety
pretty sure its CPTSD
yeah, my test is low-- but that's on purpose

>The mushrooms might help but don't eat too many at once (2g is fine)
im well versed in mushrooms, and have taken extremely high doses (had to process brothers suicide)

Zoloft puts on the rose colored glasses for life.
Downside it makes you a major fatass in short
order. The silver lining to that negative is i guess the medicine helps you remain happy instead of being further depressed by slowly morhping into Jabba The Hutt

im not concerned about weight gain, mirtazapine make me gain 10lbs for a month or two-- but i got it under control

not to sound like one of those stoner crystal loving hippie faggots, but delta8 + high levels of cbd/cbg have almost reduced my anxiety levels to nothing, and I fall asleep in like 10 minutes when its time for bed.

maybe is for you, maybe not, but it has been life changing fr me.

Zoloft fucked me up and gave me suicidal thoughts (more than normal). I ended up on Celexa and it's reasonably effective. I feel like Zoloft is for a very specific type of person, not the more casual anxiety and depression case.

been on prozac for a decade. havent noticed any effect, really.

I’m on 450 mg of Bupropion and more days than not I feel what I think “normal” people feel like. I did go through a few antidepressants before I found this one and I noticed a lot of the Zoloft meds made me worse. They aren’t going to work right away, and some of them make you more depressed before it gets better. Everyone reacts differently to different meds

Does delt8 make you high?

Attached: IMG-20220125-WA0014.jpg (1080x1080, 137.67K)

Yeah makes me feel high.

Go on welbutrin. Ssris make your dick not work and welbutrin isn't an SSRI but is still an antidepressant.

tell them you've embraced the church of scientology and that meds are against your religious beliefs. problem solved.

i live in Cali, herb is a given

tried it for two weeks, made me twitch af

but then i cant get ketamine...

Fluoxetine, i no longer linger on bad thoughts that much, although i've realised it has made me more confrontional with People/have a shorter fuse, but i mean i rmember being like that before getting depressed, first week everything was a haze, felt de-personaliziation, also dick worked i just didn't feel when i came, those side effects went away after the 3rd week tho

I think ketamine is only given in the form of ketamine infusion therapy, in which they give you an iv of ketamine during a therapy session while closely monitored by your doctor. It's not like you get it prescribed and take it daily.

there's an intranasal version which you can take every other week, or once a week, and they watch you for two hours afterwards.

(OP)
I personally take passion flower extract and low dose Kratom to help manage my depression. Look into naturally raising serotonin levels, most is made in the gut by probiotics from what I've read. So my conclusion is unhealthy gut = unhealthy mind, since we are finding they are connected more and more as research slowly fucking crawls forward.

ive flirted with kratom addiction. i can only take it a few days without WD symptoms.
if i had more money my diet would be much, much better

Wellbutrin XL 150mg to start

Why is your test low on purpose? No wonder you feel so dreadful.

Either way that's an extreme measure. Just try cardio first, it raises serotonin naturally.

>just continue to eat mushrooms
look into amanita muscaria bro trust me 100%

Attached: amanita_pantherina_dfx_1_new.jpg (1000x558, 93.95K)

70mg ritalin, 300mg luvox, 4mg brexpiprazole, weed and nicotine gum

>Why is your test low on purpose?
picrl, ngl i feel much, much better medicated

i do

i used to hunt them in humboldt, tricky to work with imo

Attached: titty_skittles_lowres.jpg (3120x4160, 815K)

i am currently on risperidone and hydroxyzine,i cant live without them or else i stay up all night,i have my next doctor appointment in March and hope to get the diagnosis,i want to live without having to rely on some pills.

>87254011
If you're interested in ketamine treatment but don't want to seem drug seeking say that you've been hearing about "Spravato". It's esketamine, derived from ketamine, but as a nasal spray given in clinic and a lot of new research has come out on it where a lot of psychiatrists are talking about it. It seems to focus more on the NMDA receptors than straight ketamine, which seems to reduce side effects and shows an increased effectiveness.

That being said, even if you start an SSRI now, there's no reason you have to keep taking it. You can always change your treatment later on.

>You can always change your treatment later on.
yeah, if i can make it through the WD

I've taken Mirtazapine for 1,5 years. Didn't had much of an effect other than I would fall asleep fast and was a little slow and dizzy the next day. After that I had extreme trouble falling asleep again and had to reduce the dosis slowly. Now I need 1-3 hours to fall asleep so nothing has changed.