Remember when star wars fans trashed Lucas' prequels and his overall vision and then Lucas said fuck you guys and sold...

Remember when star wars fans trashed Lucas' prequels and his overall vision and then Lucas said fuck you guys and sold the franchise to Disney? And now the fans practically beg for him back. Karma. Any pain they feel right now is due to star wars being the worst fanbase on the planet, that mainly like the series for surface level reasons.

Attached: star wars.jpg (474x316, 18.57K)

Both prequels and sequels are terrible. Don't blame the fan base for mediocrity

I just don't care about any of it anymore

return of the jedi was mediocre shit, the prequels and sequels are an unironic improvement

Ep 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 are the only movies that I consider canon

>sequels are an unironic improvement
Zoomerfag

Trips of truth!

But no seriously OP I hope you're trolling because that has to be the dumbest take on Star Wars I've ever heard

I've been a fan since before the phantom menace was in theaters, zoomers werent even born or just born.

You are a dumb nigger who uses unironically in place of literally. Kys.

The prequels were poorly written trash but at least they had vision, we owe them at least that much. The sequels are truly soulless, that’s why I wrote Star Wars off entirely after Force Awakens.

>his overall vision
His overall vision was to sell toys. He was very successful at it. Everything else is just George's head up his own ass. He might have had some creative vision at one point but getting the merchandising rights instead of a director's fee, leading to truckloads of cash from toy sales, obliterated whatever that was before 1980.
He spent years getting his ego sucked off by the same kids he sold toys to, working for him at ILM and LF, til he thought he was some kind of god, and got his ego wrecked by the reality that the prequels sucked. The sequels sucking worse doesn't make the prequels suck any less.
Then he got butt devastated and sold it all off, fucking over all those kids working for him, who spent years sucking him off and trying to build the thing into something other than just a franchise merchandising brand to toss on everything.
Fuck George.

>return of the jedi was mediocre shit
This. It’s a big step down from ESB. All the new gimmicky ships felt like you were watching a commercial for Kenner toys, you had multiple character narrating for no good reason (C3PO, Lando), C3PO giving the story recap to the ewoks is a waste of screen time, and so on.

>the prequels and sequels are an unironic improvement
I dunno, I get the feeling Lucas had the prequels mapped out in his mind, but was genuinely shocked at the negative reaction to so many things about TPM, and then went and changed a whole lot of stuff to try and make something people wanted to watch. That’s why he promised that he’d explain Kamino not being in the computer system and a bunch of other stuff, but then pretended it hadn’t happen. The prequels also suffer really badly from Lucas’ ineptitude at writing romantic dialog. All of Anakin’s and Padmé’s lines are fucking dreadful.

The way I see it, Lucas had got to the point where no one was prepared to tell him that his great ideas weren’t so great. Star Wars would’ve been a lot worse if he didn’t have the studio and producers forcing him to make something watchable.

Same. The prequels were fine I'm not sure why people got so up in arms over it.
The only crime there was sith lord jarjar.

The original script called for Wookiee instead of Ewoks which would have been unfathomably based, but unfortunately they didn’t have the budget for Wookie costumes so they had to settle on retarded teddy bears

Fans said the prequels were soulless, bland trash at the time. At least many hardcore fan of the originals and the originals have third grade writing. Star Wars fans cannot handle watching anything outside their nostalgia comfort zone.

Hey guys! The new Boba Fett show is really great! Yay!!

Lucas definitely went to far in a few places

Attached: AllSoTiresome.jpg (680x680, 48.87K)

Attached: 1619927823137.webm (1080x1080, 1.09M)

>It’s a big step down from ESB.
Boba was supposed to be the big villain in what became ROTJ. Lucas had a whole other trilogy after it mapped out to deal with Vader and the Emperor. Then he got divorced, so tossed all that in the trash and gave up, just rushed everything to conclusion in one movie. That divorce fucked his creativity, he was never the same after it.

His vision was to make a space opera and also get filthy rich from people liking it.

Ok RLM media, any opinions that you actually have?

I'm sure they're deliberately trying to fuck up Boba Fett. They basically cucked him in Episode 5 by bringing in their own "Mando" ...and those Luke scenes, Jesus - soulless.

>and also get filthy rich from people liking it.
Nobody, not even Lucas, had any idea what was going to come of it. What George intended all along changes every time he retells it. It's changed multiple times, and every time it was always the plan all along.

The seven parts of this Ep. 1 critical review is hilarious but probably as long, in total, as the movie itself.
tu.be/FxKtZmQgxrI