Hey bros, just had myself a good cry a minute ago. I'm 35, been through some shit...

Hey bros, just had myself a good cry a minute ago. I'm 35, been through some shit, but a thought hit me like a freight train and I can't shake it anymore.

I'll never experience the frontier of 19th century America.

I'll never wake up at the crack of dawn and gaze upon the most beautiful work of God I can think of. Imagine it if you will: an orange, purple and red sky, the rugged landscape before you, your horse waiting patiently for you to greet 'em. You'll never sit in solitude and be far away from the madness of the world. Nothing but you, God, and an endless landscape before you.

I just can't take it. I can't take this shitty 21st century. Everything we have is so shit and artificial. Even our experiences in nature don't come without roads and park rangers and cell phone towers.

I want to go back bros. Tell me how I go back. The West was just so beautiful back then. There's some part of America that was lost when the railroad came into town, and we never got it back. Things just kept getting worse and worse.

Take me back bros.

Attached: ybjhvuof.jpg (800x450, 55.72K)

I'd rather grow up during WW2 and be an adult in the 50/60s tbh.

Go live on a farm in Texas bro plenty of backwoods people still live like this and don't even know what the fuck Any Forums is.

Attached: 1644559145433.jpg (1280x1097, 204.49K)

this is reddit this is memes

rope yourself

Dude just go hang out near the grand canyon.

The 19th century was arguably worse than the 21st. Not only did you have harsh times but also had uncurable diseases going rampant, racism and slavery fucking peakin', violence at every corner and probably worst thing for you, no internet.

yeah but you weren't there so it seems pretty appealing

just go play the horsie game like the rest of us.

even in this confined reenactment, you'll realize life back then mostly short and brutish, and you died from being bitten by rattlesnakes or got the smallpox. many did not live to thirty five.

Racism and slavery were no big deal if OP is white, which I’m assuming he is because niggers only dream about crime. Injuns on the warpath might scalp you, though, or you might die of typhus. There’s plenty of open country left if you go west of the Mississippi.

If heaven ain’t a lot like Dixie. I don’t want to go. Might be time for a fight soon.

You’d probably die of dysentery on the Oregon Trail. That game was fucking brutal.

Faggot retard, nothing is stopping you from doing this exact thing. "Rugged" landscapes haven't gone anywhere, you can still enjoy all that with the benefit of not dying after eating bad fish or deer. Stupid fucking imbecile, also
>reddit spacing

Attached: 55A82F77-D558-4012-A421-DA3E01AA1ED4.jpg (1095x658, 43.11K)

Exactly. This bitch is romanticizing cowboy culture while being unaware it's still a fucking thing.

a) go to alaska
b) you probably don't even go backpacking
c) you are way over-romanticizing the time period and you probably would have died before 25 to typhoid

Attached: IMG-20220125-WA0015.jpg (1080x1080, 154.17K)

It's not just the culture, bros. I want to go back to when the land was unspoiled. And before anyone tries to say it's like this in Texas...c'mon man. Theirs roads, police, gas stations, cars everywhere -- it's not the same.

#1 how could you suggest Alaska after what I just described? Alaska is a fucking tundra at it's worst, and a miserable swamp and cold as shit at it's best.

#2 I'm 35, did a shit load of backpacking from 19-24. I went everywhere from Europe and even hitchhiked across this great land. Now that I have kids, I take them camping, but it's not the same level of freedom.

#3 I'm not. The odds of you getting some BS illness or disesase is the same as it's always been. If you survived as a baby, odds were you were gonna make it to 70.

Take me back bros.

>niggers only dream about crime

Attached: american-psycho-willem-dafoe.gif (220x293, 464.45K)

Go hike the AT broh. Then become a forest ranger at yellow stone

There are plenty of places in the USA that are still "unspoiled, unknown & dangerous." Appalachia is one of them. There are also massive cave systems to explore underneath the Earth, if you are willing to train for that. For that empty, wide open, old West feel, Montana & Wyoming are largely grassland & mountains.

Outside the US, I would look into moving to, or visiting, Northern Canada. Population concentration in that country is mostly on the southern border, since it's too frigid. The Yukon especially has majestic views, pic related.

The other Anons are right, though. You are over romanticizing this time period. Many people, both hardy manly men & helpless women & children, would die in many sad & cruel ways in the old west. Snake bite, drowning while crossing a river, dehydration, robbed & murdered, killed by Native Americans, & all kinds of diseases that seem funny or novel, today, but were tragic, then.

If you want to have these experiences, go take a vacation & pay for a guided tour of these areas. Whatever you do, DON'T sell all your things, your house, quit your job & immediately run off to live this idyllic life without any training or nature skills like Christopher McCandless. That's how he died.

Attached: kluane.jpg (800x534, 233.47K)