It does matter whether you live or die

It does matter whether you live or die.

"You" are an illusion. Your thoughts are just neural impulses all happening in roughly one area - your head/brain - which creates the illusion of "you." When your brain dies and those neural impulses stop, then you stop existing because the neural impulses that create the illusion of you stop.

Reincarnation and karma only exist in the most abstract sense. Your body, mind, and everything you are, are just expressions of the natural world, and the natural world is unending. Because of that, everything you are and everything you value keep going. But that's cold comfort because after death, you won't be conscious to experience it.

The way we treat others is reciprocated. Social animals, including humans, mimic and sync. So, if you're good to people, most people will be good to you, though there are always painful exceptions as anyone who's ever worked with the public knows.

Nihilism isn't true because things do matter. They matter because they have meaning to us and other people. The universe may not care, but it also doesn't not care, it simply doesn't. The very concept of caring is a human creation. So literally all that matters is us, other people, and any conscious beings we come into contact with or affect.

Attached: 1644532810442s.jpg (250x187, 6.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

e4thai.com/e4e/images/pdf2/Stevenson-Twenty-Cases-Suggestive-of-Reincarnation.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Okay, thanks.

>when the heat death and big crunch of the universe happens, picrel...

Attached: ill-be-back-terminator.gif (498x229, 1.18M)

:)

How to rape when while they sleep

based

What are you talking about user? Stop babbling about technical problems you can't solve.

Attached: a53.jpg (737x758, 74.29K)

No. Try saying something substantive.

TL;DR FAG

>Your thoughts are just neural impulses all happening in roughly one area - your head/brain - which creates the illusion of "you." When your brain dies and those neural impulses stop, then you stop existing because the neural impulses that create the illusion of you stop.
Wrong. Your soul generates thoughts and your brain receives it.
>Reincarnation and karma only exist in the most abstract sense.
Too late, it's already been proven.

that just sounds depressing af. sorry user but that's a literal nightmare.

Attached: bdsmlr-9920989-lOmcjZzGQs.gif (245x246, 1.56M)

>Your soul
no such thing

>already been proven.
[citation needed]

It's not, though. It might be scary to let go of delusions, but once you embrace what's really important, which is things like your relationships with people, experiencing the world, and creating things, then you can orient your life properly, which inevitably leads to a more fulfilling life.

Also, Sasha Grey has the prettiest ass ever

You are not loosing anything, it's just some kumbaya about meaning and metaphysics he doesn't understand.

considering I have a innate fear of social situations and people, I can't understand why I have to deal with this and be this fucked in the head if it's to bring joy to other entities and their reality. none of the mental issues and psychosis inducing brain mind fucks would mean anything if it was just blank after our brains shut off

and yes, she's a reason to live

Attached: 87167810.gif (244x232, 1.07M)

>It might be scary to let go of delusions, but once you embrace what's really important_______
Every cult leader in history, and salesman, just fill in the space with what you want.

Attached: Rev._Jim_Jones,_1977_(cropped)2.jpg (1794x1826, 829.33K)

Have you read this book? e4thai.com/e4e/images/pdf2/Stevenson-Twenty-Cases-Suggestive-of-Reincarnation.pdf

You don't have to go out and socialize with tons of people. You should just appreciate the people who are important to you.

That's a completely meaningless comparison, because cult leaders tell followers to sacrifice themselves and their desires for a greater plan of the leader. I'm saying do the exact opposite - focus on what's actually important to you, trust yourself, and fuck any authority who tells you to sacrifice what's important. You're closer to a cult leader, hon.

I haven't, I'll check it out.

>meaningless comparison
See? Just like the cult leader. Here he approves of OP:
>They matter because they have meaning to us and other people.
But when he is called out on it, he denies what he just said. But hey most of those people that died in Jonestown where black anyway right? So who cares...

Attached: jonestowntdih.jpg (1200x1200, 248.67K)

What you just said was literally incoherent. The Jonestown people believed they were dying for God. I'm saying live for yourself and the people who are important to you. You're literally projecting because you know your religion is a death cult. Embrace the real world, dumb dumb.

I'm not the one telling people what they should do with their lives.

Can't say that I agree with OP. While we could be AI in a simulation the world around us exists weather we are here to experience it or not. Human terminology allows loopholes like the dictionary definition of a sound requiring someone being around to actually receive the noise in order for it to be considered a sound but the world does exist weather you are here to experience it or not. For example, we could say that Jupiter doesn't exist because we can not touch, smell, hear, see or taste it but the truth is that Jupiter didn't just pop into existence the moment we spotted it with a telescope and matter gathered from there would prove that it existed before mankind itself. So something exists outside of the brain's illusion if you want to even call it that.