Hey folks

hey folks
can someone here prove to me that gender is a social construct?

thanks in advance

Attached: 1628551209978.gif (220x220, 661.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

isna.org/faq/what_is_intersex/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5808814/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It is possible to mutilate a person to the point where their true selves can't be seen anymore, I think it's a war crime though

Is having five fingers a social construct? If you grab a stick is that a finger? What if you believe so? Would you be retarded?

1. Read OP
2. Think of a reply
3. ???
4. Write this post

Other cultures have had roles for more than 2 genders. If biology and genetics were the only deciding factor why would any culture ever have more than 2?

Because something being a culture does not make a belief right

Why is it even possible to have a 3rd if biology only allows for 2?
Clearly there is some sort of societal component.

A bunch of mentally ill people want to use the word gender for something other than its meaning which is literally one's sex. We only use that word to avoid being vulgar. Whatever the fuck those mentally ill people are talking about is something only they care about.

Who gives a shit I have a dick and balls so I’m a dude. That’s the end of it and I couldn’t care less

Gender is just a theory, it's not actually real. It was coined by a sexologist in the late 50s.
t. mtf

You see those reproductive organs that differentiate the genders? Those aren't real

There is only two genders, the rest is human definitions of words

'gender' is different from 'sex'
'gender' is the mindset, personality, looks and behavior of a person
'sex' (or biological gender) is what is in your pants
thanks for coming to my ted talk

Attached: graygirl2.png (480x256, 143.57K)

The idea of gender being a social construct is rooted in the historical evidence of multiple independent societies completely different social roles for genders as well as different labels external of the traditional gender binary. but if you choose to say well what about sex sex is also not a completely binary concept and is more of a sliding scale that we make into a binary structure but as is seen hereisna.org/faq/what_is_intersex/ or here ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5808814/ it's a genetic trait that can occur out of nowhere and not lead to any real dysfunction and the label of intersex is assigned with the classification of just being outside of gender norms so if your dick is too small you can be classified as intersex

Gender is a nonsensical term coined by mad scientist and pedophile Dr. John Money who, in his infamous David Reimer study, played a major role in the decline of the mental welfare in two men that eventually led to their suicide.
Money said gender was an expression of societally accepted norms and traits of the sexes and can be conditioned into a child with no ramifications, David Reimer said it was horrific and tragic and that he never identified as a woman fully and it led to him killing himself.

TL;DR: Look up John Money and the Reimer Study. He came up with the phrase and disproved it himself.

Attached: 1598097277160.jpg (960x960, 195.11K)

wrong. intersex is a genetic abnormality/disorder. to claim that essentially a defect is a whole new sex would be like claiming that Down Syndrome is a whole other species because they have an extra chromosome.

There's nothing to prove. The modern rhetoric is trying to establish that gender is different from sex, which is based on nothing other than "but I FEEL like a woman, QED I am a woman, as supported by Descartes". Most of the roles and signifiers we ascribe(d) to gender are entirely social constructs (eg. men can't wear dresses, girls shouldn't play sports), but that doesn't invalidate the reality of gender/sex.
Basically, IMO, they looked at the fact that a lot of gender norms are kind of arbitrary, and rather than logically going "I guess how you live your life doesn't need to have that much to do with your sex", they retardedly think "men can wear dresses, that means one of the core pillars of human existence is meaningless".
>Gender/Sex /= Cultural Gender Identifiers

/thread

Attached: IMG_7495.jpg (492x876, 87.54K)

>because frogs and clownfish can change sex
>some animals are hermaphrodites
>humans therefore can be more than a binary in male or female

I bet you also unironically say a pregnancy is like a parasitic relationship.

SHIGGY DIGGY FAM

Attached: 1591652092214.gif (224x272, 1.79M)

Attached: 20220209_193935_0000.png (1080x1080, 306.99K)

In how many of those cultures are the other genders treated like any other (ie. this is Mike, he was born a woman, but is now our best hunter), and in how many of them are they treated as a weird sideshow (ie. this is shadowsong, xe takes a bunch of mushrooms and tells us how the trees are feeling. Also does weddings).
I'm curious because the two examples I've heard of its usually more along the lines of the later.