Gaming laptops are bad because they are bad okay

>gaming laptops are bad because they are bad okay

Attached: 1632279110525.jpg (2136x703, 147.34K)

Gaming laptops are bad because they're gaudy and over priced. Just buy a normal laptops with dGPU, it's pretty much the same but without the price markup and the gay ass RGB fucking everywhere.

If I ever see a fag playing videogames on the park on his laptop I'm going to kick his ass

ayo troon

Attached: 1652301335114.png (300x100, 8.46K)

Idk what the situation is like in other countries. But for the past 2 years buying a gaming laptop has been one of the only ways to obtain a GPU without paying an insanely inflated price. People call them expensive but part for part I find they are almost always cheaper than a desktop. Plus it's a completely portable computer you can take with you. I've used a gaming laptop + external keyboard, monitor, and mouse for the past years.

They are bad because they perform worse than a gaming PC and they can't be upgraded so they are insufficient fast. Look at the cooling of any gaming fit GPU. It is thinker than the whole gaming laptop.

stop enjoying your particular use case scenario it will upset the Any Forumstards

Can’t take a desktop on business trips

They are bad because you can not take out singular pieces and reuse them.
basically once you buy a laptop its garbage in 1-2 years.

There is one exception and that is if you only use it lightly anyway in which case you don't really need a gaming laptop anyway but just a simple old thinkpad will do fine.

And yes im a pajeet and yes i code for a living ( i have a job).

nigger chinks cumskins.

They're hit or miss in build quality and thermal solution. The market isn't the same as it was in the 2010s, and there are plenty of well designed gamming oriented laptops with discrete GPU and decent dual blowers. Hell, now the current gen of APUs are actually sufficiently powerful enough to handle true 1080p gaming without needing a dGPU at all, so a single chip solution pulling 45w~ max is good enough.
We're not in an era where a "gaming" laptop is some plastic shelled angular ugly abomination necessarily. Those still exist, but plenty of decent looking systems with the same hardware do as well.
>muh generalizations
They're not all the same

But my tablet can play any Crpg pre 2015ish, and has a kickstand I can hook on my steering wheel so I can play while I'm sitting in my car waiting.

>Laptops almost as strong as a desktop 3070 will be useless in 2-3 years
Excuse me?

...& Then get arrested.
Do Americans really?

Frankly this.

they don't make any with 27" displays, so yeah, laptops are bad

machine learning is my hobby. trying to run a model on google collab versus running it on my gaming laptop with an RTX 2070 is like walking the pavement versus pedal to the metal ing a Ferrari. it runs so fast. I know you can also program on the gpu for other distributed systems so i might delve into that but i dont really want to write sepples.
The laptop also has a top tier 144hz monitor in it so the colours are vivid. Spent 1.5k on it 2 years ago, love it, will use it till it bricks.

meds and BBC

I didn't ask you genuine retard

Gaming laptops have a cheaper starting price than normal consumer laptops with a dgpu because the latter are largely reserved for higher end models that come with aluminum chassis and 4k touchscreens and shit, or 'workstations' which are even worse cause they get the markup for being largely bought by businesses
Whereas plastic shell gayming laptops with cheap 1080p screens and budget mics/keyboards/etc are readily available. You just have to do your research and find ones that arent crippled by garbage cooling or whatever

>gay pride month rolls around
>gaymers come out in force to shill their rainbow keyboards
Like clockwork.

Attached: 1519921060634.png (215x328, 63.23K)

I honestly believe we reached a point where horse power is only needed for 4k and above.
I can't name one fucking game I play that needs anything more than a 3080 laptop.

Fuck, I can't name a game I play that needs more than a 750ti other than VR simulators.

My 5700xt was more than enough for most games, I just needed something with a good form factor due to traveling more now that covid is over just by chance the mobile GPU are stronger than it.