Ever wonder if tube amps sound better?

They actually do. I know this will piss off the third worlders paid a nickel a day to lurk here, but it's undeniable.

Attached: 27b747d0-6c34-4103-8069-cd7d34da3255.jpg (640x467, 51.9K)

placebo

Attached: 1641397090771.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

For guitar? Absolutely. It's not just the even order distortions, but how gradually they come on. It makes that shitty instrument much more expressive. To date the best amp sims like fractal axe FX can't perfect it, it just sounds close enough in a full band mix especially if you'd use a shitload of effects or insane levels of gain that completely remove all dynamics from your signal anyways.

Guitar amps are, of course, bad on purpose.

For listening to music? Lmao, no, you fucking retard.

you're paying for distortion. same as vintage receivers, CRTs, vinyl, and reel to reel. nothing wrong with that if that's what you like, but a $50 dac with a $100 amp playing lossless files is infinitely more transparent than a tube amp playing vinyl records.

mesaurable quality improvement actually

music listening is massively enhanced by a proper tube amplifier

>you're paying for distortion
nope paying for proper class A operation that goes to DC and negative voltages, you probably don't know the implications of any of that

this

he's incorrect actually, even the lossless files suffer through a shitty $50 dac

the bare chip alone for any decent dac is over $50 these days, there is no way you can get a decent entire product for that much alone

Even if they do sound better, they definitely don't sound that much better to be worth thousands of bucks on top of the headphones to acutally make them worth it.

he may be wrong on the actual pricepoints for solid state dacs and amps but it's still true that tubes are there to create distortion and change how things sounds, not just let it play as it is

A $9 Apple USB-C to 3.5mm dongle measures perfectly well beyond human hearing

>Enhanced
You're paying extra for very, very mild distortion. Any amount you could really appreciate as tube specific and your music would sound like a pretty chainsaw.

Tubes perform as well as transistors unless you overdrive them. Sometimes better.

>measures
You looking at those chink poorfag audio "test" sites again dumbfuck?

Distortion only presents if the input level is too high, many tube amps outperform transistorized amps in distortion measurements too. Are you perhaps a Randi Forum pedophile, or a poorfag chink?

Tube amps definately sound better for guitar

Attached: 1653076620791.png (800x609, 533.91K)

Measurements are objective
Your sighted listening tests are not
Silicon > t00bz

Measurements are only as objective as the dumb wintarded chinks running the audio measurbating forums.

best sounding tube amp I ever heard was VTL S-400

Attached: C38ABD1E-B6EA-4397-B616-27964854DADC.jpg (600x600, 46.15K)

do you believe in witches

They're real, they're all over Twitter. But I also believe changs measurebating aren't reliable sources even for measurebation.

the fact is that best sounding classical music ever was recorded on tube equipment.

The best sounding music is the sound of clinking change being poured into Jewish pockets when you buy this garbage.

Neah.
At this point modeling amps are more consistent the the real thing.
Also maintaining tubes isn't worth it. Tube amps are heavy, bulky and fragile. Something you don't want on tour...
And god forbid, going over seas, you have a better chance of bringing an IED with you.
And if you're not going on tour, then you don't need an amp.

Modelers are cheaper, easier to maintain, much lighter, have more power and can be fucking tiny.
Not only that, but if you have a discography that spans a couple years, maybe a decade, you're not bringing the 4 types of amplifiers need with you. On the other hand a modeler can withing reason cover everything you need.
And honestly the audience doesn't give a flying shit.

Best sounding live recordings were all done on tubes, irrespective of genre.

Just stick to your headphones and class D amplifier, Pajeet.

>modeling amps are more consistent the the real thing.
This as an Amazon Adbot post.

i want to believe you but no audiophile i challenged could prove anything they claimed. suddenly their hi-end setup turned out to be "not good enough but if only i had a better setup then..."