/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>UPGRADE & BUILD ADVICE
Post build list or current specs including MONITOR: pcpartpicker.com/
Provide specific use cases (e.g. video editing, competitive gaming, streaming etc.)

>NEWS
AMD Zen4 - 2H 2022
Intel Arc desktop GPU delayed forever

>RECOMMENDED FORM FACTOR
ATX is the standard choice, alternatively ITX or even MATX

>RECOMMENDED CPUs
HTPC(4K60)/Web Browsing: i3 10105
Budget Gaming: R5 5500, i3 12100/F
Gaming: R5 5600/X, i5 12400F
High FPS Gaming: R7 5800X3D
Multicore: R9 5900X, i7 12700F

>RECOMMENDED GPU PERFORMANCE LEVEL
Budget 1080p: RX 6500 XT w/ PCIe 4.0 PCs, used GTX 1060 3GB, RX 470/570 4GB
1080p: RX 6600
1440p: RX 6700 XT, RTX 3070
2160p: RX 6800 XT, RX 6900 XT, RTX 3080

>RECOMMENDED RAM
2x 8GB DDR4 3200/3600 CL16

>RECOMMENDED COOLERS
linustechtips.com/topic/891730-cpu-cooler-performance-tier-list/

>RECOMMENDED PSUs
Silver+ from Seasonic, Superflower, Corsair, EVGA (aim for 75% of total PC power)
cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

>RECOMMENDED SSDs
ssd.borecraft.com/

>MOTHERBOARD INFO:
AM4 B550/X570 - CPU-less BIOS flash feature advisable if pairing with Zen 3
overclock.net/threads/vrm-on-the-new-am4-motherboards.1624051/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yPS3hj_K7EPT4RBWCyjdKNP56pnwDz-IgBc0975-FUg

>RECOMMENDED MONITORS
rtings.com/monitor/
pcmonitors.info/
displayninja.com/buying-guide/

Previous:

Attached: 1510753836292.png (600x600, 845.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/PK8kDq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What are some good 4k 60hz(or more) VA monitors?

Attached: societa.jpg (700x669, 54.46K)

>putting my mobo from an old case to a new one.
>pc didn't boot after that
>fans were spinning but no bios splash screen
>checked all connectors without any luck
>thought my pc is dead
>googling for an hour or so and found this
>Hitting the OC Ignition button gives continuous, uninterrupted power to all the motherboard's connected drives and system fans, but not to the CPU.
i just accidentally pressed that button. I pressed it again and now my pc boots again

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/PK8kDq

Thoughts? Is the RAM choice alright? Regarding the GPU, I'm most likely gonna wait till the 40 series launch to see if the prices on the 3070 drop.

How can I *rationally* pick parts for build, for example I start with cpu i7-12700k or r9 5900x and then how do I decide which parts are actually needed for that cpu, right now I just pick expensive parts and I don't like that. Gigabyte Z690 AORUS MASTER costs 494 EUR in my country, do I actually need that motherboard? Will cpu work as intended(overclocking, enough power) on cheaper motherboards? Also watched few gaming benchmarks, in one video amd and intel have same fps and same temps, on other video intel consistently runs 20C colder and draws less power, sometimes(PUBG) 50% less than AMD, wtf?

>OC ignition button

Attached: mhm.gif (320x180, 1.64M)

>VA
>good

Attached: external-content.duckduckgo.com.gif (413x243, 50.98K)

will the upcoming Zen generation have similar growing pains as zen1 and 2? I feel like 5800x3d will be the greatest gaming cpu ever for years to come.

I wan't to buy a 4k montior with a type-c port my gpu also has a type-c port
Will any usb-c cable work? Or I need to buy a special one that supports 4k video

the benq one reviewed on rtings

I want to add a backplate to my 1080 ti Armor. I have a custom cooler on it, but a backplate would look a little better. What do I need to insolate and what do I need to cool? Also what thickness of thermal pads should I get?

Attached: MSI-GTX-1080-Ti-ARMOR-rear.jpg (1600x788, 293.87K)

Arctic Freezer eSports 34 single or duo for cooling a 12400-b660 combo?

If you really care about the noise, then go duo, you might get the same temperature with a lower RPM and thus a little less noise (two fans spinning slower usually means lower noise than one spinning faster), but if you aren't base overclocking, which I doubt a B board can, then you won't even reach a high speed even on a single fan.
So it probably doesn't matter as neither will be noisy. If you plan on staying on that mobo and upgrade to a 13700 or 13900 in a couple of years, then maybe the dual fan is worth it.

PC Gaming bros...Simpsons is making fun of us again

Attached: 1649942316016.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

what monitor tech would be best for professional photo editing?

People of Any Forums, I need some help.

I recently bought a 3070, that I found in offer, to upgrade from my 1060, but after checking the wattage of my build in PCPartPicker, noted that went from 330W to 500W, and considering that where I live, there is one point in monthly consumption that prices gets too expensive, then I don't think I can give the same use to this new graphic card that the one I give to my actual PC(With my PC turned on almost half the day even if only watching videos), so I think it is better if I use this card to build a new PC exclusively for games(Like a "Console", but one that I can get full advantage of the games and upgrade eventually, basically a Steam Machine), and keep the old one for my daily use.

Following this idea, I would like to know if someone has tried something like this, if someone has advice of what components to use(If there was any difference with a normal PC, of course), I'm mainly interested on a good case, since I would need to put this PC on a place that doesn't bother, and at the same time I can access easily, so maybe an horizontal case would be great, but I don't know if there is good options on the market, or if there some page/place where I can get a custom one. Thanks in advance.

BTW Just in case, I'm also considering buying one of those "Mini PC" for my daily use, and upgrade my actual PC to be the only for games one, but I don't know if there is any good option out there with at least the power of a 1060(This is important because I render things as part of a hobby, so a little GPU power is necessary).

I hope DDR5 falls in price in the coming few months.

>that I found in offer,
what

If you can afford to buy the GPU you can afford to run it.

That said, sure, you can have a separate gaming machine, why would that be any different from having a separate machine for any other purpose? I do it, albeit not for power-consumption reasons. Of course now you're spending more money on another case after you just spent a bunch of money on a GPU because you're worried about, what, a few bucks on your power bill? Keep in mind a PC doesn't use its full power all the time, idle power has been pretty low for many years now.

Glossy IPS

Attached: 468758.jpg (2560x1284, 585.47K)

Just as a little context: Where I live, with my actual PC and living style, I get just a little over 700W/h, and if i got over 800W/h, I'll be categorized as "High consumption", and it'll not be "A few bucks", but a whole different tariff. And no, I'm not asking because I think this PC should be built differently, I'm mostly asking for advice in case there is any consideration I could do now for a better result, or something more comfortable.

Nigga I ain't reading all that