Over the past week or so, I've started to think and/or realize that without god and/or religion...

Over the past week or so, I've started to think and/or realize that without god and/or religion, there is essentially no meaning to this world.

Can someone help me to snap out of this or something?

At best, you get a bunch of girls and money and eat good food... but what else is there? A little risk taking, adventure, what? All food, no matter how good it is, it's just the same amalgamation of energy/calories/colors/textures, you know? No matter what "hot" girl you're with, you get off, then have to wait a day or two to get the full effect of cumming. I'm starting to feel very, very despondent and cannot shake this feeling/thought train.

Am I missing something? Should I force myself to up the ante in life or ... do something drastic? Deep, deep meaninglessness has consumed me lately. Help, anonz0rz. :(

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 11.47.39 PM.png (462x400, 167.1K)

Which god?

I'm agnostic and have always enjoyed my choice, but lately, damn, maybe I should just "pick" one. Most likely Christianity because it would lead to the most success where I am. I mean... I don't even want to, but like I've said, the meaninglessness lately is crippling in a very scary way.

There's a thought experiment I heard about that basically said that the meaning of one's life, is to find meaning in life.

>Over the past week or so, I've started to think and/or realize that without god and/or religion, there is essentially no meaning to this world.
Wrong. Without god and/or religion, we wouldn't have 90% of the global bullshit wars and nonsense we currently have. There is no magic sky person that created everything, whom will send you anywhere when you die. SNAP OUT OF IT!

I'm not religious and haven't been for a long time. Being nonreligious hasn't helped me I don't think. I could literally CHOOSE to believe and then at least I would have a sort of meaning and even more job opportunities. Maybe I should stop thinking about this "negative" stuff and just... devote myself to some random cause and/or start trying to better myself without regard or something. I'm really struggling lately.

So if any god can add any meaning to any life, how is that meaningful rather than trivial?

You're a hedonist. Read a book, a classic book like Gravity's Rainbow or Brother Karamazov and realize the possibilities of human thought and creation. You will understand purpose.

>Implying meaning and existence can only be derived by the certainty of your continued existence

Holy narcissism batman! This fuckin guy, this fuckin OP thinks the world has no meaning purely because there's not a part two after he dies?

My guy, the birds will still sing, the comets will still sore as the clouds weep their lives into the plants... you'll just be a dead-fag while that shit goes on.

Enjoy the paltriness of your uncertain horrendous wretched life like the lest of us shit-dick.

Attached: 21st Century Frogposting Man.png (800x800, 76.97K)

the only meaning to existence is that which you give it
the pursuit of knowledge, raising a family, excelling in craft or trade, this is the only meaning of existence, that which you choose for yourself

You live to pave the way for those that come after you. Mark the roads as best you can and die knowing you've lit one of the many possible paths through the fog of life, that others may choose to follow.

>Over the past week or so, I've started to think and/or realize that without god and/or religion, there is essentially no meaning to this world.

That is correct. You are the product of several hundred million generations of genetic mutation. You existence is nothing more than an almost infinitely improbable sequence of events that lead your dad to fucking your mom at the exact right time for your one sperm to hit the lottery instead of getting gobbled down as he's getting blown by a tranny prostitute in a truck stop bathroom. There is no meaning in anything.

Attached: 62tkoh.jpg (500x593, 85.09K)

Okay, I'm gonna do you a really big favor and catapult you from existential teen angst, to middle age sensibility, if you take my advice seriously.

There is no meaning, in an objective sense. If you go so far as ontological nihilism, the concept of meaning might not even have meaning. It's all a game, it's all absolutely a joke. This is step one.

The next is that within this swirl of shapes and colors, that your brain strings into a narrative, some of the bullshit minimizes suffering, and increases joy. This is about when most people find some kind of basic existential comfort, but it's a trip to pounding neurological reward buttons until they wear out.

Once you've done that a while, suddenly you realize that life is boring. So what do you do? Bigger goals? Delayed rewards? Long term objectives? Ah, suddenly you've constructed purpose out of your pleasure gluttony, and purpose derives meaning.

The universe is without meaning, and we derive it out of necessity. Don't take that meaning too seriously, or you'll suffer your own expectations; always know that it is a toy.

You might want to look at Stoic philosophy and lifestyle. Live a virtuous life and the reward is the virtuous life.

"meaning" is a human concept, and attempt to anthropomorphize the universe unto a human image.
Since life on Earth began 3.7 Billion years ago, there has been a futile human attempt to give life meaning for only .0002% of that time.
If you're not mature enough to create your own purpose in life then you're gonna need religion to guide you. So, go stone to death people who work on Sunday, knock down walled cities and murder every one there, wait for guidance from the next coming of a zombie possessing the soul of the mythical being that watches everything you do, and go wander the desert for 40 years.

Dunno what the meaning of life is, but I just keep living because killing myself is too hard. I also need to continue my diary, which I guess is the most meaningful thing I have in my life.

Do you need meaning, OP? Or do you just need to get laid?

That sounded like a Pat the Bunny lyric.

dude. read some existentialism or something. get a grip.

You're going to be ok, user. It's hard to explain, but you just get to the point where you realize that everything is fine. Whether you care or not, it's going to be ok.

You're onto something op. Unfortunately /b is full of neckbeard nihilists who actually don't have anything to live for, hence the majority of comments here. But you're getting closer. Keep following your inkling and whatever is guiding you now will continue to do so.