What are the best IT certifications?

What are the best IT certifications?

Attached: 1653627280465.jpg (1024x683, 33.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

comptia.org/blog/the-comptia-career-pathways-it-careers-are-made-here
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

having a rich father is enough to get you anywhere, if you don't then you're fucked, cert or not mad luck will be the only thing that matter, don't waste money on these scams

FAG+

CompTIA A+

What about Security+?

bachelor's degree

Literally this.
This opens more doors to jobs than a stack of certs.

Experience and college.

It entirely depends on what you want to do. Becoming a highly paid network engineer will require different skill sets and knowledge.

This is very true. Everyone wants to act like a degree is useless, and all that matters is experience. But between internships, projects, and extra work, a motivated college kid should be able to walk out to a job way above help desk. Honestly, as an IT manager, it looks really bad to see someone with a 4 year degree applying for help desk. That's the shit you should have been doing part time while going to school, or you should have done an internship that gives you exposure to things so far beyond help desk that you wouldn't ever have to do help desk again.

It depends on where you currently are with experience in the field and what your end goal is.
If you’re brand new to IT then I would recommend the A+, Net+, and Sec+. Those will help with getting a help desk/desktop support job.
From there it’s all about what you want to do. You could do Cisco certs for networking, ISC2 for security, ITIL/Six sigma for leadership positions. Just remember that a cert usually isn’t enough if you lack experience on a resume.

The CUM certification I give in the alleyway. You need your programming socks too.

I got a pair. Now?

>Experience
yes
>college
no

this
get that too. and network +. will get you the foot into the door for most entry positions. then get other comptia certifications (they have a path on their website on your desired career path), or just google around for what jobs around you are asking you to have.

comptia trifecta (a+, network+, security+) are all easy, but past that is when it gets difficult. don't skimp on studying

Comptia is baby shit. How exactly is it useful for landing anything but a help desk job? I understand the value in a help desk job for experience and then climbing the ladder to something better, but by that point isn't comptia already useless?

it's easy & cheap enough to get and getting other comptia certs renew your previous certs so they never expire. they never hurt to get and most jobs notice them so if they see you have them they'll know you are good enough to do the work to get the basics. climbing the ladder in IT isn't easy, there's a big gap between help desk and system administrator, you have to rack up experience or have an "in" with a friend/family member to have a chance in any case

>they never hurt
I doubt they help either. I can't imagine anyone giving a shit except HR for just not knowing any better.

>they'll know you are good enough to do the work to get the basics
Yeah, and beyond help desk "knowing the basics" worthless.

>climbing the ladder in IT isn't easy
I cannot imagine an industry where it could possibly be easier to climb than IT.

>you have to rack up experience
Yeah, experience, not comptia certs. You only need one or two shitty comptia certs to land a job with no former experience in IT. After that, they won't do you any good. You need better certs, if any at all, for whatever you're trying to move into. If you're already getting experience, then comptia certs have already outlasted their purpose.

This. Comptia is pretty much useless after a year or two in help desk. Find intermediate certs that help with specializing

comptia.org/blog/the-comptia-career-pathways-it-careers-are-made-here

pic rel too. the infrastructure pathway/cyber security pathway certs are not nearly as easy to obtain as the preceding ones, and companies will recognize them. they're definitely not where you should stop getting certs, but they're notable. not even shilling for comptia but cysa+ and casp+ are legit

Attached: cybersecurity-career-pathway.png (515x325, 49.26K)

>cyber security pathway certs are not nearly as easy to obtain as the preceding ones
Yeah, and they're still worth dick compared to an OSCP in the same way that Net+ is garbage compared to CCNA. You're supposed to move on from comptia after you get your first job.

i don't disagree. but any normal person has time to study and get them, and it doesn't hurt, especially since it renews your previous certs if you time it right. comptia for-sure must consideration for getting your foot in the door in IT and people should be encouraged to get their certs if they are starting with nothing.