/wbg/ Web Browser General

Debate browsers, discuss useful extensions, and share your configs.
If you see a browser thread, kindly point them here and then stop replying.
>Common browsers
Firefox
Librewolf
Ungoogled-Chromium
Brave
Vivaldi
>Less known browsers
Dillo
Qutebrowser
Surf
K-Meleon
Otter
SeaMonkey
>Test your browser
browseraudit.com
coveryourtracks.eff.org
amiunique.org
browserleaks.com/
>Previous thread
Please offer suggestions for the OP

Attached: seamonkey.jpg (800x577, 179.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/seamonkey.html
spyware.neocities.org/guides/seamonkey.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why isn't SeaMonkey in the common browsers list. Why are you shilling glownigger browsers like fireshitter, libreglow, ungoogled-glowium, braveshit, Shitvaldi, etc. The ONLY browser you need is seamonkey

Because it isn't common.

kys

Why?

pic
also why is librewolf in "common browsers"

Because I see people recommending it a lot. Next time I won't list any browsers or have the image have any web browser related content in it, my mistake.

Is Seamonkey or Pale Moon safe, as in they implement latest security patches?
Otherwise I'm hesitant to switch from Firefox. It's the only browser I trust for now.

I know SeaMonkey, while being based on ESR fifty something, backports the security updates from newer ESRs.
Not sure if Pale Moon does similar.

Pale moon is insecure garbage
seamonkey does an awesome job of backporting security fixes and implementing their own, frank is a good man

Maxthon

Attached: 218.png (300x100, 33.77K)

I'm seriously worried about uBlock Legacy, since the maintainer seemingly disappeared recently. Not surprising since he's from the Ukraine. I hope he returns soon, otherwise SeaMonkey and Pale Moon might be screwed a bit.

Palemoon will be screwed if that's the case, but once Seamonkey can use modern firefox extensions it'll be fine.

But it can still take some time until SeaMonkey supports webextensions.

Is there a plan for Seamonkey to adopt webextensions?

Yes. The goal is to have XUL and WebExtensions in SeaMonkey. This doesn't mean that old XUL addons still work, they have to be ported to SeaMonkey or rewritten from scratch.

librewolf is based and literally just werks.

Is SeaMonkey part of Mozilla or are they independent?

>"The ONLY browser you need is seamonkey"

spyware.neocities.org/articles/seamonkey.html

>"SeaMonkey makes about 35 requests on first start, with a connection to Google SafeBrowsing recurring about every 30 minutes."

Stop.

spyware.neocities.org/guides/seamonkey.html
Goes from "Medium" to "Not Spyware"

A good web browser doesn't need mitigation.

They were part of Mozilla, not anymore. SeaMonkey was the Mozilla Internet Suite, basically Firefox and Thunderbird in one program. But in the end, they got screwed over by Mozilla and are now independent.