ITS HAPPENING - VAAPI BEING ENABLED BY DEFAULT

Starting with Firefox 103, VAAPI will be enabled by default in Firefox starting in the Nightly channel, then it'll graduate to Beta, Developer Edition, then stable and ESR.

If you want to accelerate the process, start using Firefox Nightly, the more data mozilla gets about how VAAPI is performing, the more confident they can be in enabling by default. we're so fucking close bros
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1752494

Attached: 1654178412691.png (859x476, 61.52K)

Holy shit. Firefox doesn't have this? Who would use this trash?

>Fireshits needed to wait until 2022 to play video in their browser

It's a default retards. The option to turn it on has been around since like version 80 or something (which is admittedly a long time but still).

chromium doesnt have VAAPI by default either stupid faggots

what is VAAPI and why should i care?

this

nobody seems to care, not sure why I would either

nobody seems to know, not sure why I would either

VAAPI is the browser technology that allows ad blockers to still load in the background so you can still be tracked by all those private advertising businesses, but it just won't display or render the ad. Best of both worlds. They can still track you because it allows the connection to their servers, but you won't see the annoying ad, so win win.

>Best of both worlds.
>They can still track you

Attached: i seriously hope you guys dont do this HD.webm (1280x720, 745.28K)

lmao

Wasnt this for wayland only

It was implemented in wayland first, but xorg also got it like 2 version later.

Video Acceleration API
Makes your CPU do much less work when watching videos

No, it works on x11 as well, you just need to make sure egl is being used (set gfx.x11-egl.force-enabled to true to make sure it is)

it's hardware accelerated video decoding, so your laptop doesn't melt and battery doesn't go to shit when you try to play high res videos

i hope someone with a big dick rapes your eye sockets and fucks your ass with a giant serrated rambo knife

But that's been enabled since 2010 or something

Yes, Firefox added hardware accelerated video for macOS and Windows in Firefox 4.0 (2011). Because the freetard linux graphics stack is so shit, it hasn't been viable until now

Nice. My chinkpad nearly melts when playing 1080p on FF.

Brave has this too, ser.

Attached: screen.jpg (884x66, 6.37K)

It's for Linux. It's been default in Windows for a long time.

the chromium setting for hw accell does not apply to video, same for firefox. acceleration of web content and video content uses different parts of the gpu, you have to use a command line flag to enable vaapi in chromium browsers

>watching videos in a web browser
How braindead do you have to be to actually do this?

so it's a good thing