Window Manager Thread

Awesome WM is awesome, it just works, prove me wrong.

Attached: images.png (554x554, 879)

Other urls found in this thread:

maboxlinux.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i find dwm easier to configure
i jut wish the default config for awesomewm was better, it looks like shit out of the box

I can't remember if it was i3 or dwm but my font size was so tiny I couldn't change it after modifying my xorg or config file.

>X11 window manager
>no support for X11 bitmap fonts

dwm memleaks and freezes my whole computer after 3 days and i have to restart my whole computer again
suckless == sucks ass

Attached: soyboy_kek.png (288x352, 92.04K)

>configuration file is one huge mess instead of several modular configuration files
my biggest complaint so far. i want to change the menu? i have to spot it inbetween all the other garbage. why are things i want to edit surrounded by things that aren't even intended to be edited? nothings easy, ill probably end up implementing it myself but i wish it had a separated menu.lua from everything, and it probably wouldn't be that hard to separate hotkeys or all the shit that should be optional like the hotkey cheatsheet page to really improve readability. other than that im really liking it so far but im an xfce4 fag normally so id wonder if tilefags would be as happy with it

Attached: 1652807136861.png (1434x1076, 1.31M)

have used it for about a year and the only thing i really miss are i3's stacked and tabbed container layouts.

The only way there is a memory leak is if you yourself put it there. I personally have applied many patches, some of them even only partially. I also made some completely custom modifications. Still the thing runs completely flawlessly.

>i find dwm easier to configure
Yeah I can believe that. I didn't really feel "at home" with awm until I refactored/cleaned/wrote my config files and my own widgets, which is relatively heavy in programming. But it's comfy. Also I'm impressed by what people can do with it, like pic related.

Attached: awm-notifs.png (985x791, 301.38K)

>molchat doma
kys

I ran my own dwm version for more than 1 month, its your fault

>awesomewm just works
This. Have not used anything else, never will

Been messing around with it.
I can't get pmenu to work though.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-06-02 041944.png (1906x957, 496.76K)

I would use awesome wm if it had tree based layout.

I don't think its dwm fault. I had this problem with Intel i5 8400 and fixed this installing a firmware.

i like openbox

you might like this then maboxlinux.org/

I think it would look better with some padding there

Attached: 1626728892074.png (158x275, 29.36K)

looks cool but i would rather keep using CRUX than Manjaro

nigger, I have 130 days uptime and around 10 patches applied and it never takes more than 8 MB of memory

>he still uses CRUX in 2021

>2021
and yes, it's a great distro.

enjoy spending most of your day writing Pkgfiles

i do, and i'm actually way past that phase. once you set up all the basic tools, your desktop etc. you barely have to write any Pkgfiles at all, just like how in every other distro you don't need to install that many packages after you set up all the basics.