I need recommendations. At my work, they use the Baofeng UV-82

I need recommendations. At my work, they use the Baofeng UV-82.

baofengtech.com/product/uv82/

I'd like to get two walkies, one for me and a co-worker. They should have dual band capability, like the UV-82, so that we can listen and talk to everyone, but also have a private channel for each other.

I'd also like to be able to plug in the thing instead of using the stand. Also earpiece?

Should I just get the UV-82C or HP or something more expensive? What else is there?

Attached: uv-82x1-2[1].jpg (1000x1000, 57.6K)

Don't get stuff from chinese companies. China is a historical ally of russia and if you haven't been living under a rock you would know that they aren't being very nice right now.

>At my work, they use the Baofeng UV-82.
same radios that have got a lot of russians killed.
>, but also have a private channel
digital systems will give you that, but those radios are very expensive. no such thing as "private" on analogue radios like changfang.

>What else is there?
many other options if you want to spend serious money. google, motherfucker.

Baofeng deez nuts

Pretty sure Motorola makes better budget options than those pieces of shit

>>>/reddit/

Yaesu, Kenwood, or Icom. Personally I like Yaesu for their tiny radios and Kenwood for the brick sized APRS-capable units.

Tyt dmr radios are only like $130

Op keep in mind if you don't have the proper license you will be assraped by ham boomers and the FCC or whatever your local equivalent is

>At my work, they use the Baofeng UV-82.
>I'd like to get two walkies
>also have a private channel for each other.
Baofengs splatter like motherfuckers, and using the amateur service for commercial purposes is verboten by 47 CFR 97.1(a), which is also the first fucking line in the regulation. Other countries similar.
>What else is there?
Getting a commercial licence from the FCC (or your relevant local regulator) and associated equipment from a two-way radio dealer.
GMRS may be legal for commercial usage assuming each station operator holds a licence, but really, just pay the local regulator for a proper business licence. And don't call an amateur radio portable a "walkie".

Go back.

>splatter like motherfuckers
Eh it's really the 3rd harmonic that pollutes, and it's not even 5db out of FCC spec so it's practically nothing.
Someone operating UHF 450mhz or 1.2ghz band 100 meter away might be affected by some interference, but especially if its an industrial work center the "splatter" probably won't even reach, or do anything.
This isn't a hamfest where some guys ultra sensitive $4000 setup is trying to SOTA a net 200 miles away, it's a work site.

Now with all that said are there better options than a baofeng? Certainly, a handful even within the same price range. But it just doesn't matter.

>China is a historical ally of russia
eeeh

although I'd like to use this opportunity to thank NATO for driving Russia closer to China than ever before

A toast! To Eurasia!

Attached: file.png (1000x541, 727.39K)

always do opposite of what these brainwashed normies are saying

>blaming current situation on NATO
I hate russian niggers lik you. Give me one thing that NATO did to provoke russian invasion of ukraine.

>Give me one thing that NATO did to provoke russian invasion of ukraine.
exist

lmao

I hope you’ll get drafted and killed.

You could have tried to play nice with Russia but refused because good EU-RU relations would mark the end of American hegemony in Europe. That's why you were so livid at the thought of the NS2 pipeline being built. After all, how would you justify all those American military bases and weapon deals without an enemy to fight? Mutually beneficial trade? Resources in exchange for technology and investments? Increasing bilateral cooperation? Oh no, can't have that. And that's why you intentionally pushed Russia into a corner. To justify and perpetuate the existence of NATO (and above all else the American governance of NATO [the leash around your neck if you're not an anglo]). Ukraine is just a proxy for you. It was never going to be part of NATO.

Meanwhile you've insured that Russia will never participate in the encirclement of China. And you've insured that China will have safe access to energy and food through Russia.

Thank you Cold War boomers.

Attached: xi.jpg (875x583, 80.55K)

I’m polish. Eat shit and die russian nigger.

Baofeng UV-5B is supposedly good, read reviews, it's kinda old now tho and I would search for something with usb-c charging.
Maybe some xiaomi, you can program those with bluetooth over phone.

Never seen more collectively butthurt nation than Poles. Wtf if wrong with you, first christian radicalism now you just wish to die in some stupid war that has nothing to do with you. Why are you like that?

huh?
NATOs explicit raison d'etre is to be a military counterpart to russia so continuously expanding, in their direction no less, was bound to provoke a reaction at some point