How do you change states? can someone who has been through the process provide insight

how do you change states? can someone who has been through the process provide insight
>need job to rent/live
>need place to get a job
what is this catch22

Attached: 1643648795140.jpg (1000x661, 615.22K)

Show me your butthole first

Are you saying you have a job offer contingent but need to be in another state? If not finding a job first can be tricky but it can be done. It isn't difficult since it is the same country.

nope, no job offers
trying to find a job first, but so far no takers. although some offer housing, but that's not a real place of residency so to speak

>how do you change states?
Start with a lot of money.
Last time I moved it cost thousands, even moving to a place with family.

Lacking that (like most of us) try to at least have a job locked down before moving. There's no way to make this easy.

What do you mean how? This isn't the fucking Soviet Union. Just find a job and a place to live and drive all your shit over there.

Save money.
Pack your shit.
Drive to state.
Find sleazy weekly rate hotel.
Get job.
Get real apartment.

Or

Get job at someplace that has offices/shops around the country and transfer (walmart/amazon). Once you're established ditch them and get a real job

why would it cost thousands?

Pack your shit and fucking move unless you’re on parole or probation or some shit like that. It ain’t rocket science.

try to get a remote job first, if you can. a lot of programming/IT doesn't need to be onsite.

You need at least one (and preferably more) of the following:
1. Family or friends who will let you crash with them until you're on your feet.
2. A job offer in the state you want to move to.
3. Lots of money.
Also, you don't technically need a place to get a job. You can rent a P.O. box if you really need an address and live in your car until you find something.

Oh, one other thing you can do is see if any of the big chains in your area do transfers between stores. My old manager's husband used to work at Walmart, and when she had to move back to Tennessee, corporate just arranged for him to have a job at a Walmart in TN. If any chains still do that, you could get a job at one and ask for a transfer.

Attached: 1tznsstcqcc31.jpg (1125x668, 159.04K)

do research on rent, grocery, and transportation costs then save enough money to buy 6 months of all of that, then find some roomates that don't suck.

there are good optimal times to change states. for example if you have work where there is a seasonal peak, you can save up and then relocate as you take a temporary job in that industry, with hopes of getting hired on but at least just getting some local experinece in the area and being able to pay the bills.

U-Haul, gas, security deposit, first month's rent, (in some places, last month's rent, too), utilities deposits, refilling the fridge with the basics (unless you're going to be moving your 3/4 empty bottle of mayo across the country with you?), etc.

i think i have a reasonable amount for 3 months in average costs
i dont have a vehicle either so that makes things worse
you think finding a place is better first? might be risky as it would be draining finances
maybe. i dont know programming though
i did this but unfortunately had to return for family. so i have some experience being in the place i want to be

Show it fag

stupid faggot you drive there

i dont have 1 or 2 in that state so looks like it'll have to be 3. i think ill go with what said. find a cheap hotel and spam hit ups at every retail i see but ill be relying on public transport. thanks

Are you retarded? All you have to do is move states and get a new state ID/DL and turn in your old one. Its not like immigrating to a different country.

Attached: 1611949494815m.jpg (769x1024, 60.5K)

No problem, user. Good luck.

Attached: 1642372975929.jpg (843x1200, 357.94K)

Depends how much shit you have to move. Truck rentalver any distance mounts up.

So the way I started out here was to have $3k saved up. The I drove to the place where I wanted to be. Stayed at a cheap motel for a week while looking for an apt. Found an apt, moved in. Started cold-calling places related to what I wanted to do. Took an evening job being that asshole who calls up up to ask for your opinion on various topics (it was legit - they were truly doing market surveys, no scam). That stretched the bucks until I landed the job I liked, working in a computer store as a PC builder. Did that job like I meant it. I did. Got rewarded, promoted to tech support, got head hunted and I can now say I made it.

>find a cheap hotel
Look for short term lease places -- they may be set up as hotel suites, or short term apartments for business folks in town for a week or two. They MAY be cheaper than a motel for stays of weeks instead of days.

don't forget to obtain a permit from the democrat party to cross state lines

Glad to hear you made it, user.

Attached: people-thumbs-up-Fotolia_30042598_M.jpg (1600x1073, 251.27K)

They only demand a permit if you're crossing a border with a firearm. Unless it's the border with Mexico.

Usually there needs to be a physical catalyst in order to change states. Heat is the most common one. Think of ice melting and turning into water then water vapor. Pressure can also be a catalyst. A sudden drop in pressure can cause something in a liquid state to boil into a gaseous state.