/tjg/ - Tech Jobs General

Workplace stories. Advice on how to progress in your career. Ask and give help on HOW TO GET A JOB. Discuss the technologies you use.
Making fun of NEETs is allowed and encouraged.

Resources:
leetcode.com/problemset/all/
novoresume.com/career-blog/star-interview-questions
blog.interviewing.io/
codesubmit.io/blog/the-evolution-of-developer-salaries/

Last Thread:

Attached: software-engineers-salary-in-US.jpg (700x350, 43.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

inapps.net/how-much-do-software-engineers-make-by-country-update-2022/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

inapps.net/how-much-do-software-engineers-make-by-country-update-2022/

Attached: software-engineers-salary-in-germany.jpg (700x350, 39.17K)

has anyone ever applied for a job with Quintrix? It seems like a scam but they just reached out to me for a data analyst position.

someone justify all the time i spent learning rust

It really depends. For trivial shit (99% of business software) I found that it's mostly a waste of time, specially unit/TDD.
But when some functionality has complex outputs based off inputs testing can avoid catastrophical errors.

first paycheck hit today, its a shitty europoor junior pay and ive already decided to not even touch half of it but im pretty happy about it
now have to work from home as well to learn some fucking software they use internally for databases so I dont get fired this time next month

id be very mad if I actually had anything else to do

Attached: 1678243658374.jpg (1920x1080, 248.69K)

Do you anons use a cover letter when applying?

Cover letters are a meme do not waste your time.

>spray my resume all over indeed
>a hundred missed calls from SUSPECTED SPAM RISK with nonsensical pajeet voicemails
I'm ngmi guys

Attached: quaker.png (974x814, 1.24M)

>multiple daily standup meetings for different projects: 1 hour
>team meeting 1.5 hours
>weekly change meeting 1 hour
>lessons learned meeting for finished project 1 hour
>random code review meeting 0.5 hours
>"Hey user, why isn't this bug fixed yet?? I thought it was supposed to be quick fix??"

Attached: 1542005639658.jpg (399x400, 13.35K)

what do you do when you feel depressed, not feeling much like learning tech or striving for a better career? sometimes i just want to give up

Focus on your physical health

>60% office attendance required in my old job starting from this month
>Got an offer today
>nearly 100% pay increase
>super interesting domain
>fully remote
I fucking made it, bros.

Attached: 75d.png (1000x1000, 216.9K)

any good job sites for junior/entry level data anlysts(python/panda/plt)?
remote of course
congratz

Do you have any projects you had fun making?
I'm looking for something to grow my portfolio but I'm not sure what. I think I know how to do stuff but I don't know how to demonstrate it in interviews or have nothing to show for it.

what is the hardest leetcode problem

Attached: HARDER.png (1222x369, 50.26K)

what am i supposed to expect to happen on a second interview?

how many threads did you post this in pajeet? 100% of poo in street pay is still poo pay

Should I get a job for the salary or the one in which I can learn a lot of things?
As a new graduate.

>We want applicants around the world to apply
>We will not sponsor any visas
How does that work?

What makes you think that user is a pajeet? It's pretty common to scale up like that when you move laterally and it's a great feeling, we all hope you get to experience it one day.

you have 60 seconds to give me a use case where mongo db would be superior to postgres

Attached: file.png (384x319, 109.03K)

When you have relatively incoherent data

Technical people poking you about your projects and old responsibilities, maybe asking some coding questions, go over your assignment if they gave you one

meaning in terms of schema?

Fuck off, we are full

assuming you mean in terms of schema:
1) postgres has json/jsonb support for unstructured data
2) how the fuck are you going to design efficient queries if you dont know the structure of what you're querying

Yes, it's unbelievably easy to throw shit into nosql without it bogging down everything else
You're not optimizing for efficient queries at this stage (although mongo does have plenty of useful methods), once your data has normalized you're free to transfer to sql with minimal effort