Meta Cambria leak

We now have images and details of Meta's mixed reality headset releasing later this year

Specs:
(2) 2160x2160 MiniLED Backlit LCD Panels
(2) Custom Pancake Lenses
16MP Color Camera for Color Passthrough
Eye + Face Tracking (IR Camera based)
XR2+ Gen 1 SoC
12GB LPDDR5 RAM
256GB SSD
WiFi 6E Support
~5000 mAh battery

Thoughts?

Attached: 1.png (1196x660, 229.05K)

Other urls found in this thread:

patreon.com/posts/67189201
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nobody in the real world cares

>just strap this device that records and tracks everything you do even your eyeball movement to sell to advertisers to your head bro and wear it 8 hours a day

Why are people so dumb

Apparently, the next couple of Quest/Cambria firmware updates will remove the Facebook account requirement and enable co-presence.

There are a few longer-term features confirmed in-development:
1) The anchoring of App/Browser Windows in your home environment is in "experiment" phase but not planned to be released for this year.

2) The Suspense API: Where you can suspend 2D applications and VR experiences, launch another app and resume your progress seamlessly afterwards - also in "experiment" phase and nowhere near release.

3) The Windows API: which allow developers to put a Oculus dashboard/home window in their VR applications was the only feature not known to my source. But it sounds like it's probably on a longer term release schedule like these other two previously mentioned.

Source:
patreon.com/posts/67189201

Attached: 8.png (848x693, 266.35K)

>just keep this device that records and tracks everything you do to sell to advertisers in your pocket and use it 8 hours a day

You must be even dumber

looks like another device that won't have mass market appeal

apple one is more interesting largely due to it being their first attempt and ability to move units

>facekike shit
I couldn't care less

He asked why are people so dumb that they would keep allowing this to happen and not that they aren't already retarded for carrying smartphones everywhere

Only retards will strap that thing to their face

>looks like another device that won't have mass market appeal
Quest 2 sales directly compete with consoles. Apple's device is apparently going to cost a fortune, but I guess Apple customers will buy anything.

>((((meta))))
no thanks, I'm going with the chinks

Attached: pimax-crystal-1021x580.jpg (1021x580, 34.8K)

True but who cares tbqh

nice spec upgrade, hope they figure out how to implement foveated rendering so I don't have to have a 3090 strapped to my face just for 90hz

>Meta
Never heard of it… oh, you mean Facebook huh

>He asked why are people so dumb that they would keep allowing this to happen
A VR headset with eye tracking is an order of magnitude less risk for privacy than a cellphone in your pocket.

Where's the ratchet mechanism for when it locks on and forces you to watch sissy hypno?

>John Carmack works for these fags
What a waste.

Solving optimization problems at the bleeding edge of technology is exactly what carmack does best, he'd actually be a waste if he was still working at id. He probably wouldn't fit in at all working for HTC or pimax, maybe valve would work but then again an old hat like carmack would choke on the lack of structure

>blah blah blah
It's a waste, John. A waste.

>doesn't require a Facebook account
>just requires a meta account that tracks you the same but without having to let dumb normies harass you

Until i can suck me off i dont give a shit. Mind you i already have a wife for that but this latest gen of females is fucking useless.

>John Carmack isn't a retard who gets his political ideologies from a bunch of spergs and bots on an anime image board
what a loser

Still lcd ffs when we have 165hz oled tech bugger it I'll either get a pimax 12k or something else I love my quest 2 but Facebook is aids