What do daily programmers even do...

What do daily programmers even do? I only see them argur about ehich language is the best but i dont see anything being made.Also python is the best.

Attached: Python.svg.png (1200x1200, 100.5K)

First for python is the best
>import one_thing_that_solves_all_your_problems
Simple as

I program daily. What do I do? At any given time I like to have 2 big projects where I’m actually building something new. So I’ll make progress on those daily. Aside from that, I’ll go maintain older code by fixing bugs, cleaning up code, pull request when I can, review code, etc.

Of course this is all part of my full time job at a place that supports this stuff. Otherwise I’d probably be flipping burgers.

Attached: 20D98039-9AB8-4FE1-ACF0-FCE81103DEED.jpg (1156x771, 237.88K)

Most "professional programmers" don't actually do shit for most of their working hours.

What this guy said. Try to move the big stuff forward but mostly get swamped with a million tiny issues

My company typically uses Java and Python.

Currently writing SQL scripts and row mappers because the previous senior guy didn't believe in using ORMs.

He sounds based and correct.

Currently doing nothing, supposed to be "working" from home, not my problem

Yes to both, I like having more control in the repositories, but holy shit, is it boring and timing consuming.

based

Depends on your level of seniority in a company. When I was first starting out I wrote a ton of code, but now I'm mostly just reviewing pull requests and design docs.

>What do daily programmers even do?
Producing value out of customer pipe dream.

>module not found
Now what?

type in the right name

type for 12 hours straight, daily
prick

trying to reduce it sorry. didnt notice u like python
fren.
its a lot of typing a LOT
to make anything

never used 2 count the amount of cod
10s of k of lines
u try to reduce it or u can if you program database. if u program database u standa chance of reducing coede.. makign code data meta coding.
coding to generate code.

My day today--
* 9:40-9:50: Log in to work remote desktop from home. Mark ~20 emails that came in since yesterday that don't concern me as "read" in Outlook. Check Slack to see if anything interesting happened-- no.
* 9:50-10:05: Team stand-up. Ignore the first guy. Tell team that yesterday I was working on a solution for the broken migration that chinaman junior wrote all day and spent a long time trying to do it one way but realized overnight that there is simpler solution, so I'm going to do that. Ignore everyone else.
* 10:05-10:25: Take my daily shit break. Shitpost on Any Forums.
* 10:25-10:30: Respond to slack messages chinaman junior sent while I was taking a shit. Give him obvious solutions to problems he is running into that have obvious solutions.
* 10:30-11:00: Supposed to have "CEO Direct" meeting where I talk with representative of the CEO about my work and how the company is doing. I'm in the correct Zoom meeting, but she doesn't show up. Watch the end of the Top Gear I was watching last night.
* 11:00-11:30: Look at my co-worker / other senior's merge request for his project. He didn't take my advice on compound foreign keys, and his referential integrity is going to be fucked, but whatever. Suggest places to rename variables and add comments.
* 11:30-13:45: Lunch time. Start driving to my local Tesco. Halfway there go to change gear and the clutch pedal doesn't come back up again. Drive back home without coming to a stop and shifting gear without clutch. Switch to other car. Go shopping at Tesco. Grab langos from the kiosk in the car park. Come back home and eat langos while browsing Any Forums. Delay going back to work until I really can't justify taking a longer break.
* 13:45-14:00: Jerk off to xnxx videos. Search terms: submissive big tits
(contd.)

* 14:00-16:00: Dumbass chinaman junior wrote a database migration that adds a not null group_uuid column to the groups table, because the people who manage the groups told us that groups are not actually unique on name, so we need to keep track of them by uuid. I fucking told him that we would need to have a way to fill in this column when we ran the migration in the staging and prod environments, and we should create the column as nullable, fill in the correct uuid values, and then add the not null constraint. Sometime between then and the three weeks later that all the other problems with his MR were solved, he marked that comment as "resolved", and I forgot about it. Since it's a relatively new project and we don't have tests for migrations yet, it looked like all tests passed, so his shit got merged. Now we can't deploy. I started work on solving this shit yesterday, and I finish it during this time. Now we do have tests of migrations.
* 16:00-17:00: Interview Russian guy. I've been doing like three of these a week for the last few weeks. My company is hiring Russians for positions in Armenia and Serbia in offices that will be full of Russians. This guy isn't the best, but he's nice enough, and I would rather hire a Russian than more chinamen, so he's going to get a thumbs up.
* 17:00-17:45: While I was interviewing the Russian guy, my boss Slacked me asking about two other merge requests that have been open from chinaman junior for a couple weeks and why they haven't been merged. Let him know that problems are mostly resolved and should be merged soon.
* 17:45-18:00: Boss asks question about my merge request for the migration fix. I explain why code is like that. Boss: "OK". Boss suggests different variable name migration fix code. I change variable name and push.
18:00: Log off for day.

pip install module_that_someone_smarter_than_me_cobbled_together

Morons tell other morons what they want to automate or what they want an application to do. The second set of morons write up a 2nd grade level document and give it to software engineers. The engineers then go back and forth with the morons explaining how there are so many holes in the requirements that the engineers can't create the software without their heads exploding. This repeats far too many times until the morons start freaking out about being behind and the engineer has enough to work with that he can get something functional going. The engineer creates a design and then can either implement it himself totally or in part while offloading pieces to other developers. A developer vs. a programmer is just about the level of autonomy they have - programmers are given explicit designs/algorithms to implement and are the equivalent of a 1950's secretary, just a monkey at a keyboard following someone else's instructions, while a developer has more free reign to design larger components of the software.

Python is a scripting language for monkeys.