Why did XML in favor of this?

Why did XML in favor of this?

Attached: file.png (512x512, 24.53K)

wut

> XML is a classic political compromise: it balances the needs of man and machine by being equally unreadable to both
> XML combines the efficiency of text files with the readability of binary files

XML has industry standard transformation, validation, styling, etc.

JSON is easier to parse "manually" from text (without using a third party library or a language's standard API) so niggers on school assignments that are forbidden to use external libraries obviously prefer JSON because it's that much easier to handle

XML can be much more readable and easy to follow, especially for big structures

XML has poorer human readability while at the same time having additional overhead for machine parsing. it's simply worse as a data format.

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

They wanted something simpler than XML so the javascript crowd wouldn't be confused.

They did nothing, because xml is just html. XML is data based and JSON is JS/data based. so ... its evolution babe

>slower to parse for machines and humans
>more boilerplate, larger size over-the-wire
>but you can style it!
hmm i wonder how json won as the de facto data format in the face of such incredible features.

>30% of the data is just the same object field names repeated over and over again

As opposed to much shorter ?

I have been preferring JSON for some years now but I realized recently that XML was better all along.
It's just a matter of tooling, I suppose.

xhtml is dead, user

Assuming you intended a verb like 'lose out' or 'get replaced'
Your premise is wrong, and you're comparing paint to photoshop

You clearly don't know the power of XML.

JSON is still served outside of web shit APIs

JSON is still served outside of dingy Chinese restaurants where they serve rat meat instead of chicken.

Xml was fine when using single or two letter tags but then the blackest gorilla nigger thought it would be acceptable to use tags like this and it kinda made no sense

>industry standard transformation, validation, styling
XML *needs* "industry standard" projects and tooling to handle it, subtle difference. Self made parsers exist but are never used because it is impossible to make a good xml parser from scratch, just like you wouldn't a modern web browser.
JSON parsers and schema validation schemes are so easy to make there's literally dozens of each floating around. Wouldn't expect enterprise to know anything about this of course.

Blame the needlessly bloated standard for XML.