Russia restarts production of USSR era fridges. They are said to last over 40 years...

Russia restarts production of USSR era fridges. They are said to last over 40 years. Meanwhile Americans continue to buy planned obsolescence from China.

pdmnews.ru/26769/

Attached: imgonline-com-ua-Frame-blurred-GjMKdmT1OBz.jpg (900x506, 43.13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bifOI4MbHVU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>they are said to last over 40 years

Too bad russia gets all its parts from China now. I don't imagine they are fully the same as they used to be.

Your Samsung fridge is running no longer supported version of Android. You must throw it into the trash now.

>Too bad russia gets all its parts from China now
I think maybe we all get our parts from China, this is what globalism did to us

This is such a huge market in the current world, can't believe no appliance brand has took the mantle of "reasonable priced and lasts forever" for everything they do.

my freezer is older than you

Attached: 1645388096468.jpg (550x309, 52.28K)

>Too bad russia gets all its parts from China now
You mean like the entire world for literally everything they do?

youtu.be/bifOI4MbHVU

Exactly. So it won't be better than anything else and won't last 40 years.

>Designed in California, with Korean software, with parts from China, with minerals/properties from Africa, Assembled in Mexico, sold in America for planned obsolescence and ready to be tossed into the trash, where its going to be sent to Africa, get its components ripped, stripped and melted so they can be shipped back as raw to China.

CAPITALISM HOOOO!

Attached: 1654042333310.png (799x779, 897.38K)

A big part of it is not just where you get the parts but the spec of the parts. Modern producers choose purposefully underspecced parts so they fail faster. Choose a bit more expensive parts even from the same manufacturer and it can radically extend the life of the design.

Because then they wouldn't make as much profit.

I wish we had computers that last 40+ years

Do fridges even fail?

Our economy is collapsing. This is PR bullshit from government for soviet boomers (Putin supporters) which daydream about USSR 2.0

>Our economy is collapsing.
I can't tell where you are from by this statement alone, it could be pretty much anywhere

You would make more profit than trying to compete with the already saturated appliances as a subscription in all but name market.

Physically there is nothing stopping a computer to last 40+ years, the problem is the software.
You can buy right now a 40 yr old functioning computer, good luck doing anything with it.
90% of people change computer because they become obsolete, not because they break.

Those fridges had sovl, too bad retarded kids lock themselves inside those and die nd now everyone has the same ugly fridge design. I threw away my soviet fridge only cause it became too small for my family.

I don't read Russian, are these fridges the same as the new generation regarding the preservation of cold and electricity consumption? If they're the exact same as the old ones then it's more of a downgrade than anything.

It's because people are retarded and can't project themselves over more than a month or two. I wish I was kidding but it's really because of this. Most people would prefer to be given 15 bucks now than the equivalent of what is 40 bucks now in gold or silver a year later because "you don't know what's going to happen a year from now". It's a stupid analogy but it sums up the feeling. Consumers aren't pushed into thinking about the future, or else they'd crash the market.

You can't sell them future-proof merchandise at a high price because they'd think you're fucking them over the price even though they will gladly buy a shiny cool-looking car that will break down and lose 50% of its value in the next ten years in the meantime. It doesn't work like that. Same reason people won't learn a trade and will settle for shitty minimum wage jobs with high mortality rates and no evolution prospects in Europe even though education is free and even pushed forward by the governments.

Lightbulbs can literally last forever, yet all the lightbulb manufacturers are in a giant conglomerate that makes it mandatory to limit lightbulb lifetime.

>which daydream about USSR 2.0
You mean the thing that Putin is actively bringing back at this moment? Half of jewkraine will be netrual wasteland and other half will be Russian soil.

>russia has to start making soviet era fridges again because they are sanctioned to hell and beyond
>contrarian Any Forumstards thinks this is "owning the libs" or something

>non-smart fridges don't exist

And you competing with them by delivering actual good products will make you stand out.

>russia has to start making soviet era fridges again because they are sanctioned to hell and beyond
Most fridges are made in China, so are not affected.
They could also buy Jap fridges via china anyway.