Why would anyone use linux, why wouldn't you just use windows 10 with a debloat program...

Why would anyone use linux, why wouldn't you just use windows 10 with a debloat program? Everything literally just werks on windows 10, all the games, all the software. All the complaints about windows 10 compare nowhere near the problems linux has

Attached: windows10.jpg (1023x562, 29.13K)

only 32-bit plex server available on windows (for example), some people dont want to have to debloat something that shouldnt be debloated, powershell is trash, video games are for little kids and teenagers, using command line is faster than running some gui program most of the time, microsoft imposing their values on their users is shit, theyre literally copying mac os and linux in their aesthetics bc microsoft is a shitty company run by retards and is totally outdated

Just because you've "debloated", doesn't mean it's botnet free. It still contacts HQ for no reason.
You can never be sure a system is fully debloated or botnet free without having access to the source code for your build.
All of these actions are a theater without knowing exactly what's going on underneath.

It's easier to work up from a solid base system, than it is to remove all of the broken and unwanted features from a bloated system.

whats wrong with windows 11?
its the same shit

>video games are for little kids and teenagers
you mean the thing that is a 200 billion dollar industry and determines what OS is shipped on all premade computers

Face it no one uses linux because it doesn't work. People are already putting windows 10 on their steam deck to play games like dead by daylight. People can't play a large selection of games because none of the devs want to support it LOL

If you want privacy don't use the internet. Even on linux all your data is still being tracked through the browser and what you download through your IP

I want to be able to do whatever the fuck I want to do with my device, please
Windows puts limitations on what I can change and tweak

Attached: plasma.jpg (1919x1080, 423.15K)

>I want to be able to do whatever the fuck I want to do with my device
except play games I see, which is the only thing that computers are really good for these days anyways

It doesnt matter what version on windows 10 you have. Microsoft will always have you by the balls.

Attached: 1653838488348.jpg (638x5176, 967.88K)

All my games work in linux
Most of the perform better

Attached: 1654044410193.png (847x711, 121.3K)

That's why you disable it yourself with a program rather than trusting windows 10 to be genuine about disabling the settings

Like what games, maybe indie games but all mainstream games suck ass unless you're paying for proton through steam

>All the complaints about windows 10 compare nowhere near the problems linux has
I can't think of any complaints I have about linux.
If I did have any I would just fix them.

Linux is terrible at video games, it's nowhere near windows lol

All my games work on my OS, since I'm not playing shitty FPS games or Genshin Impact or LoL etc. etc. they're all garbage

Attached: h.jpg (600x624, 44.51K)

epic bait thread, upvoted and screenshotted for reddit

Nope, wine is still shit on lutris it has always been. The only thing that is even halfway decent is steams proton which you have to pay for.

Pretty much everyone saying that linux gaming is good is either coping and lying if they said they use lutris or they paid for the games on steam and don't want to admit it LOL

Proton is free wdym lol

>Just debloat
Still slow, still botnet.
>Everything just werks
Would rather find Linux alternatives. Most Windows-only software is paid anyways. If I ever enter a job that requires a Windows-only program, I expect them to supply the hardware. Otherwise, what the hell are they doing as a company.
>Games
Only real advantage really. I just have a separate Windows machine as a game console.
>Linux's problems
Personal issue. Plenty of easy and stable distros exist. Plus I don't have to deal with Windows' bullshit.
>MAKE AN ACCOUNT!!!
>USE EDGE!!!
>UPDATE RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!
No thanks. At least if something is bullshit on Linux I know I can fix it, remove it, or find a better distro.

Genshin impact works on linux
As do all the fps games I have tried

>Proton is free wdym
Nope, no it is not. Half of the time if you use a custom launch command and if you add any pirated game to steam it doesn't work. Even if you get proton custom from the aur it doesn't work with every game.

The only way to get stuff like cyberpunk 2077 or triple A games to work even halfway decent with one click without tinkering with prefixes is using steam and buying it through there.

90% of people saying that steam linux gaming is as good as windows 10 are lying or they paid for the game on steam and don't want to admit they spent more money on games than it would have costed to just pirate on windows.

I know for sure Fortnite doesn't work, dunno about the other games I haven't seen many good reviews about them

it's easier to install Linux than it is to play whack-a-mole with all the things you have to disable in Windows.

>user gets filtered by pirated games
Works on my machine

I pirate most of my games before buying them legitimately, I do agree trying to get some pirated games to work is a hassle, but it can be done

>I do agree trying to get some pirated games to work is a hassle
where on windows its one click, a simple click.

didn't work for me and I tried to install a lot of games, moved to windows 10, just werks. Even games that did work like elden ring had stuttering and frame drops into the 50's with the pirated version where as on windows there's no stuttering or frame drops in fights. All the people saying they don't have issues bought their games on steam and are simply lying and don't want to admit they spent more money on games vs the cost of pirating since windows 10 and all the games you can pirate is all 100% free.

pretty much the only games that don't work nowadays are the few chinese games for 13 year olds because they need a rootkit to be running in kernel mode for "anticheat"
i couldn't even run those on my windows machine because i have it in test mode to run an unsigned driver for something i use for work

I pirate all my games.
Why do you think there would be any difference with a bought game?
Your argument doesn't even make sense.

>It still contacts HQ for no reason.

blocked all this through dns

my router logs show zero (0) connections

now what?