Bad at math

>Bad at math
>Still getting a degree for Cybersecurity
>Start Math class
>Start failing immediately
>Only option is to cheat for exams

If I cheat through my degree, would that be an issue once I land the job?

Attached: FFUGCmEUUAEuJdn.jpg (375x375, 13.73K)

>cybersex
>math

Yes, sounds like you need to do some serious math revision from the ground up, if you put the hours in you can get it done pretty fast, you can do it babe.

Drop the class, self study math, then retake it and pass

Attached: 1589315802071.png (2277x1867, 3.19M)

where to start

>math in cybersecurity
??? I lol'd unironically

Americans...I...

Go down this list starting at the first subject that gives you trouble:
Arithmetic
Algebra
Geometry
Pre-calculus
Trigonometry
Calculus I
Physics
Discrete Math
Calculus II
Linear Algebra
Differential Equations
Calculus III

Practice these with free online tutorials and courses such as Khan academy, Purple math, or your favorite educational YouTuber.

Though most of these may be irrelevant to your real world job, it's still valuable information that will pop up in your life one way or another no matter what you end up doing.

This user gave you a really great chart
Basic mathematics is a great book to retrain yourself with from the ground up because guaranteed you haven't put enough effort into learning in the first place if you're this lost, it will likely feel easy but stick with it.

It must be some super basic mathematics course. So, given that you're dumb, then yes it will be an issue.

ok so just cheat bro

4nigger is unironically the best place for getting the best resources.

On the subject, how could good math skills help my coding, or vice versa? Would they help synergize each other? I imagine good algorithmic skills would optimize my code and cryptography stems from math supposedly

can i get the background image, i wanna set it as my wallpaper

It depends what kind of job you plan to get. If it's a dedicated security job then it's probably going to consist of defining/enforcing policies, pentesting, basic scripting, etc. You won't need math for that and can safely cheat.
If you want to work in AI, game development (or computer graphics in general), cryptography research, and other special fields then you need a good graph on the math your course covers.

If you want to be a generalist software engineer, you can probably get away with a decent grasp on algebra.
Learning some basic calculus is recommended- you might use it, and even if you don't, learning it forces you to git gud at algebra and trig. In general it's best to learn one tier of math higher than the level you expect to actually use.

Don't fall for /sci/ memes OP. This is like their version of Any Forums SICP and Lisp memes. Just go to Khan Academy and start back at algebra, and spend a couple hours a day on it.

sicp is actually good

Sure it's good for some people, but not for someone going for what's basically a cert.

but most cybersec jobs are just reading log files, being anal with web blocking rules and spreading FUD. why would you need math?

>precal before trig
You learn trig right after geometry

Holy shit bro what "math" are you failing?
I majored in Cybersecurity and the most we had to do was calc, stats, and linear algebra. If you can't handle any of those options your gonna be too dumb for infosec anyways. Go to trade school for plumbing or something you'll still make significantly more than europoor devs.

Oh yeah and discrete structures, that one was kinda shitty but my iq is legit 70 and I scraped by.

Attached: 1649796863400.png (414x410, 315.24K)