IPad

Is the iPad a useful piece of technology in your eyes?

Attached: ipad-2021-hero-space-cell-select_FMT_WHH.jpg (1200x630, 68.3K)

tablets are better than pcs and laptops

No, it can’t install Gentoo and Pale Moon and be librebooted.

>cant install useless garbage
seems like a good thing to me?

It's a good toy to give to a woman or a digital artist. It also makes a comfy ssh client. If you put iSH on it you can pull down a jdk and write java direct on the iPad.

Attached: af6.gif (806x720, 1.1M)

yes, I only read books on my iPad now
it's also great for shitposting from bed

I thought it was, but after using it I keep hitting limitations that really should no longer exist, like their fake file browser/library, multitasking killing apps immediately, and so many UI bugs on top of consistently poor iOS design.
I thought I could use it in conjunction with a powerful desktop to handle everything, but it's just not even remotely good enough.

Any iPad users jailbreak? I've been holding out on 15.1, but there's still no jailbreak and my air 4 is just getting slower and buggier. I'm thinking of giving up and just updating.

yes I use it everyday to shitpost and lose my sanity

Attached: IMG_0138.png (2048x2732, 1014.94K)

Yes. I think that the simplification offers wonders for certain tasks and users.

If you can find a used one cheap, they make great SSH clients and ebook readers. I hardly use mine anymore, but I have no complaints when I need to.

what app is this

I think so, for some people, who just need a bigger phone.

Yes. The scale of usefulness depends on each user's needs, but most iPads are alright for:
>Basic web browsing (with some minor inconveniences)
>Good scale and decent app selection for reading books
>Video playback throughout the home or on the go
>Basic low-end emulation of old games
It's not ideal with regards to utmost versatility due to the locked nature of iPadOS and app store, invasive privacy measures, and lack of many or any physical buttons for easy navigation. Though, you can still use it for basic home utilities and light entertainment tasks...as it was designed for. Can always try using peripherals with them too. I don't personally use one, but my family has several, so I can see how they can be of notable use for casual users. Otherwise, I'd probably just get a Surface Pro and debloat a fresh install of W10 if I really wanted a more truly versatile tablet device.

It's one of the most useless inventions in my eyes. It's only good for watching shitty videos, basically making it a tiny TV without the ability to plug my vidya into it.

Yeah, iPads are great for just fucking around online. All I use mine for is laying in bed and browsing Any Forums, listening to podcasts, texting, reading books and watching youtube/twitch. Its not as good as a laptop for actual desktop work (word processing, coding, spreadsheets, etc), but who cares? Do you really use your computer for that shit all the time? I certainly don't.

Tablets aren't a good replacement for a computer due to some of their limitations, but they are the perfect companion and for $350, you get a pretty nice device.

Weirdly it's an 8/10 drawing tablet.
If you had a Mac you could use it with sidecar as well. Still a cintiq is obviously cheaper.

Yeah, in a way. I owned a 2nd edition one, nice physical device, great for reading PDFs and stuff, but with all the software limitations it lacks too much to be useful for more use cases. A lot of wasted potential, but I guess Applel decided that they can make more money by milking normies more and sell them dumbed down iPads and actual usable devices for work, instead of making the iPad a good device. Surface Pro is the better iPad.

No
If I need something bigger than my phone I use a laptop.

Slow, gets disconnected from the internet by itself...terrible for even mild or light work, no usable software, toy OS, useless.

Attached: 1653947989360.jpg (450x640, 114.91K)

wrong board currynigger

Attached: 1638299199772.jpg (643x960, 237.94K)

Not really, they're a shitty middle-ground between phones and real computers that are worse at everything. I have an iPad and barely ever use it, it sits discharged most of the time.