Why is every Custom ROM nowadays only made for Pixel, OnePlus, or Xiaomi phones?

Why is every Custom ROM nowadays only made for Pixel, OnePlus, or Xiaomi phones?

Samsung sells more phones than all three above yet gets no development whatsoever.

Attached: reee.jpg (800x522, 29.93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/MiCode
github.com/OnePlusOSS
twitter.com/AnonBabble

shut the fuck up with your autismo shit and get an iphone you retarded fuck

>>/tiktok/

Scamsung goes out of their way to fuck with the custom ROM scene.
Just get a OnePlus or Xiaomi.

And a decade ago every Samsung phone got a custom ROM even crappy US versions.

You could have a shit CDMA carrier and still get ROMs, now it's T-Mobile or nothing for ROMs.

Locked bootloaders and "security" features designed to make the phones unmoddable.

Because big tech is gay. As with everything, they've tightened down.

Even if people still made ROMs for Samsungs they wouldn't work on many carriers (all US carriers). That's what I mean when I say they go out of their way to fuck with ROMs. VoLTE and VoWiFi break with anything that isn't the default OS, and this practice goes back to the first phones that could do VoLTE.

reading all this shit, feeling so glad I left all of that behind
you people are wasting your time

You're blaming developers when you need look no further than Samsung.

Idiot fanboy.

Samsung is bottom of the barrel garbage dogshit for ROM development (and in general)
>trips hardware efuse (knox)
>Snapdragon version is not unlockable. 0 interest from US/Chinese devs. The S22 is Snapdragon in India as well.
>"open source portal" has kernel code in zip files, no version control
>proprietary implementations of VoLTE, VoWiFi, WiFi Display that only work on stock
>other proprietary blobs that need reverse engineering to work

On the other hand:
github.com/MiCode
github.com/OnePlusOSS
you flash any ROM, no efuse and still in warranty.

This. I used to change my rom every 3 days on my Galaxy S5. Nowadays is just not worth it. The stock rom on Samsung devices have already all the features you need, and if you go and change the ROM you trigger the Knox and guess what? You lose access to secure folder, samsung pay, samsung health and other things. If you have a Samsung just don't.

Only people with a strange loyalty to shitty companies are wasting time.
If you use OnePlus/Pixels/Asus and some Sony phones there are no issues.

Why is that?

Samsung (and LG) use proprietary implementations of VoLTE/VoWiFi instead of the normal AOSP ones that everyone else uses. So when you install a custom ROM, which is AOSP based, you can't get it to work. I know LG's has a bounty out for someone to get it working, and I would be surprised if there wasn't a bounty for Samsung's VoLTE.

Thank you, I wasn't aware of that yet. I always thought all the devs were too incompetent or didn't care about VoLTE (I suspected autism - that they never use their phones for phonecalls, so that they didn't care)

Because samsung bricks custom roms. They got too big and has locked down on their phones.

They don't even let you disable ads on Samsung Smart TVs

Lineage has good support, my Moto just got support. Do wish I could get Graphene or Calyx tho

>You lose access to botnet, botnet pay, botnet health and other botnet things
Who could've thunk that an open source operating system would be botnet free.
Using LineageOS/MicroG on my S10e is perfect.

Remember this? I do. It's the last Samsung phone that allows you to unlock the bootloader easily with no fuses or knox security. Plus actual good hardware support that actually works outside the stock ROM. Samsung is a pain and a shitshow nowdays for developing custom ROMs and actually flashing them. Use the stock ROM on Samsung or you are fucked and out of warranty.

Attached: Nexus_S.png (1048x2045, 1.43M)