Being rolled out en masse on Youtube

>Being rolled out en masse on Youtube
>Still not supported on Any Forums
Let alone VP9.
JPEG XL would also be a neat addition.

Attached: av1.jpg (558x292, 14.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jxl-art.surma.technology/
androidpolice.com/qualcomms-next-flagship-chip-could-support-native-av1-decoding/
pcmag.com/news/report-google-to-launch-a-hd-only-chromecast-with-av1-support
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't care what codec anything is in as long as I can watch it

>JPEG XL
Should I actually use this?

Browsers are implementing it, but right now you have to turn on a flag to enable it. It does lossy compression better than JPEG and lossless better than PNG. You can also shrink JPEG files losslessly by converting them to JPEG XL. And you can do cool stuff like this: jxl-art.surma.technology/

Attached: 1653673090623.png (1024x1024, 1.46M)

Sound webms should have been made global ages ago.

The webm filesize is still 3MB on most boards despite image filesize being 4.

Qualcomm Snapdragon AV1 support when?

Google chromecast with AV1 support when?

Darktable doesn't seem to support exporting to it, even though imagemagick supports it. What format should I export to to convert it manually with imagemagick? Tiff?

TIFF doesn't tell me much because there are a lot of ways to compress an image in a TIFF file. But I presume that as long as what you export it to is lossless (ideally including supporting the original bit depth and color format), and imagemagick reads it successfully, it will work well.

>TIFF doesn't tell me much because there are a lot of ways to compress an image in a TIFF file.
Notably this also applies to WebP / AVIF / JPEG XL and is one of the things people have criticized about these formats. You don't know whether you're getting something lossy or lossless, animated or static.

AV1 is pretty good.

Attached: file.png (1308x767, 273.83K)

>Qualcomm Snapdragon AV1 support when?
androidpolice.com/qualcomms-next-flagship-chip-could-support-native-av1-decoding/
>Google chromecast with AV1 support when?
pcmag.com/news/report-google-to-launch-a-hd-only-chromecast-with-av1-support

You can choose most export options so I can make the tiff uncompressed and set the bits. It's funny because they have a lot of niche options such as OpenEXR and stuff. Yet no JPEG XL even though the library they use supports it.

>filtered by 2pass abr
do Any Forums really

Export it as PAM and convert with cjxl. ImageMagick's JXL implementation is buggy.

>rumors
rumors
>rumors

>3mb.
is just me or I've been gotten limited to 2mb on some boards.

No way libvpx is that fast. I usually get comparable results much faster with x264.

4chaim is basically maintenance mode.
Maybe. The big threat to XL right now is potential submarine patents which is why in general we have been stuck with jpeg/png/gif forever.

i think you're misreading the graph
it's showing libvpx about as slow as the slower presets of x265