Nixsisters... it's over

Nixsisters... it's over.

Attached: NixOS.png (733x661, 284.33K)

watch 2x more nix threads because arch trannies finally will be able to instlal it

good. when I tried Nix it had such an autistic way to install everything I wondered how the fuck anyone would use that piece of shit.

>calamares
autists definitely never learn...

1. Partition and format drives, mount them under /mount
2. Run nix-generate-config.
3. Run nixos-install.

Yeah, I can see how that would filter out you archbabbies.

I use Nix, why is this supposed to be bad? technology is made to be convenient, not less. That's exactly why I use Nix.

This exact attitude is why there will never be a year of the Linux Desktop

>want to change something
>reinstall the os because its autistic and can't be changed on the fly
just use silverblue at that point

nixos is for advanced users and developers not retarded Any Forumsermin winbabbies, fedora is pretty good if you want a justwerks distro

>xfce is selected on the list
>details about plasma
wait what

nixos-rebuild switch

silverblue is a cheap copycat of nix but doesn't really work as the nix way is simply replaced with showing flatpack in every hole

hehe now that it can no more filter me i'm going to point out all of it's flaws

I still get filtered by Arch because of this, I'm so stupid that even the automated installer keeps fucking up for me. I'm the target audience for Manjaro ;_;

>Manjaro
Never. Just get SUSE or Fedora.

redpill me on nixos as a debian user

The icon is cool. It's made in such a way that it is the perfect distro to package software for the nix repo on. It solves a version control problem you almost certainly don't have.

What does Fedora have going for it nowadays? I used it many years ago, but at one point they updated the installer and I had trouble getting a system with multiple operating systems going with it so I stopped messing with it.

Works well, big community, well documented, and close ties to Red Hat so for better or worse (imo better) it's going to be quick to adopt new things (like Intels GPU sharing for VMs).

No cirno, no bump.

Is there a reason to ditch arch over it?
How do get by without AUR, and also are 32bit versions of each package?
I'm trying to get lib32-gst-plugins-bad from AUR and It's making me want to kms

>This exact attitude is why there will never be a year of the Linux Desktop
and that's a good thing...
what's wrong with capping at 0.5% marketshare? can you give me a single reason why I should give a shit about increasing this number?
don't like it? don't use it, as simple as, I don't understand why everything has to catter to normans and other senile boomers, who the fuck cares, just use windows and go on with your life, why do you care about linux in the first place?